Confirmation and clarification of primary personality factors
- Raymond B. Cattell
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In connection with a study bridging rating, questionnaire, and objective test factors, confirmation was sought with respect to the twelve personality factors previously found for young adult men. Variables were chosen to clarify and discriminate the nature of related factors. Ratings of and by 373 students were obtained, and the present study describes the separate factorization for the 133 men among them. Factorization yielded eleven factors, of which, on “blind” rotation for simple structure, 9 or 10 proved to be identical with those of the previous study. A new factorM is described.
- Cattell, R. B. The description of personality: principles and findings in a factor analysis.Amer. J. Psychol., 1945,58, 69–90.
- Cattell, R. B. Simple structure in relation to some alternative factorizations of the personality sphere.J. gen. Psychol., 1946,35, 225–238.
- Cattell, R. B. The description and measurement of personality. New York: World Book Co., 1946.
- Cattell, R. B. A guide to mental testing. London: Univ. of London Press. Revised Edit., 1947
- Cattell, R. B. Comparison of the primary personality factors in men and women. (In press).
- Cattell, R. B.; Cattell, Karen A. S.; & Rhymer, Rue M.P-technique demonstrated in determining psycho-physiological source traits in a normal individual.To be published in Psychometrika.
- Guilford, J. P. & Guilford, R. B. Personality factors,D, R, T andA. J. abnorm. soc. Psychol., 1939,34, 1.
- Symonds, P. M. Diagnosing personality and conduct. New York: Appleton Century, 1931.
- Thurstone, L. L. Primary mental abilities. Chicago: Univ. Chicago Press, 1938.
- Thurstone, L. L. The effects of selection in factor analysis.Psychometrika, 1945,10, 165–198.
- Confirmation and clarification of primary personality factors
Volume 12, Issue 3 , pp 197-220
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Illinois, USA