A new status index derived from sociometric analysis
- Leo Katz
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For the purpose of evaluating status in a manner free from the deficiencies of popularity contest procedures, this paper presents a new method of computation which takes into accountwho chooses as well ashow many choose. It is necessary to introduce, in this connection, the concept of attenuation in influence transmitted through intermediaries.
- Jennings, H. H. Leadership and isolation. New York: Longmans, Green, 1943 and 1950.
- Forsyth, E., and Katz, L. A matrix approach to the analysis of sociometric data: preliminary report,Sociometry, 1946,9, 340–347.
- Festinger, L. The analysis of sociograms using matrix algebra.Human Relations, 1949,2, 153–158.
- Dwyer, P. S. Linear computations. New York: Wiley and Sons, 1951.
- Ferrar, W. L. Finite matrices. London: Oxford Univ. Press., 1951.
- Brauer, A. Limits for the characteristic roots of a matrix. Series of four papers inDuke Mathematical Journal, I: 1946,13, 387–395; II: 1947,14, 21–26; III: 1948,15, 871–877; IV: 1952,19, 75–91.
- A new status index derived from sociometric analysis
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 39-43
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Leo Katz (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Michigan State College, USA