P-technique demonstrated in determining psychophysiological source traits in a normal individual
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
P-technique, a method employing intra-individual correlation, is tried out for the first time. As part of the general design it uses some variables the same as those in a coordinatedR-technique study and a second, parallelP-technique study with a clinical case. Definite factors are obtained among the psychological and physiological variables, which can be mutually matched. One is a fatigue factor, but the rest are general personality factors readily identifiable with those obtained in pastR-technique researches.
- Baldwin, A. L. Personal structure analysis: A statistical method for investigating the single person.J. abnorm. & soc. Psychol., 1942,37, 163–183.
- Baldwin, A. L. The study of individual personality by means of the intra-individual correlation.J. Person., 1946,14, 151–169.
- Burt, C. L.The factors of the mind. London: University of London Press, 1940.
- Cattell, R. B. The description of personality I. Foundations of trait measurement.Psychol. Rev., 1943,50, 559–594.
- ——. Personality structure and measurement. I. The operational determination of trait unities.Brit. J. Psychol., 1946,36, 88–103.
- ——. The description of personality II. Principles and findings in a factor analysis.Am. J. Psychol., 1945,58, 69–90.
- ——.The description and measurement of personality. New York: World Book Co., 1946.
- ——.A guide to mental testing. London: University of London Press. Revised Edition, 1947.
- ——. The riddle of perseveration. I. Creative effort and disposition rigidity.J. Person., 1946,14, 229–267.
- Cattell, R. B. & Luborsky, L. B.P-technique demonstrated as a new clinical method for determining personality structures (In press).
- Cattell, R. B. Confirmation and clarification of the primary personal factors.Psychometrika, 1947,12, 197–220.
- Dodge, Raymond.Elementary conditions of human variability. (Ernest Kempton Adams Fund for Physical Research, No. 10). Columbia University Press, 1927.
- Eysenck, H. J.Dimensions of Personality. London: Kegan Paul. 1947.
- Johnson, W. B. Euphoric and depressed moods in normal subjects.Char. & Person, 1938,6, 188–202.
- Mira, Emilio. Myokinetic psychodiagnosis: A new technique of exploring the conative trends of personality.Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, Section of Psychiatry, 1940,33, 9–30.
- Stephenson, William. The foundations of psychometry: Four factor systems,Psychometrika, 1936,1, 195–210.
- P-technique demonstrated in determining psychophysiological source traits in a normal individual
Volume 12, Issue 4 , pp 267-288
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors