Brief report: Competitive employment of adults with autism
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We gratefully acknowledge Heidi Anderson and Michael Persicano for their teaching efforts, Katherine Loveland for her diagnostic help, Ed Bradshaw for his counseling support, and two anonymous reviewers for comments on a draft of this article.
- Alberto, P. A., & Troutman, A. C. (1982).Applied behavior analysis for teachers. Columbus, OH: Bell & Howell.
- American Psychiatric Association. (1987). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (3rd ed., rev.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Fuller, S. P., Jasuta, S. S., & Smith, S. L. (1986, May).Community living autism support program: A behavioral social interaction approach. (Available from S. Paige Fuller, San Antonio Autism Center, San Antonio, TX).
- Greenspan, S., & Shoultz, B. (1981). Why mentally retarded adults lose their jobs: Social competence as a factor in work adjustment.Applied Research in Mental Retardation, 2, 23–38.
- Hill, J. W., Wehman, P., Hill, M., & Goodall, P. (1986). Differential reasons for job separation of previously employed persons with mental retardation.Mental Retardation, 24, 347–351.
- Krug, D. A., Arick, J. R., & Almond, P. J. (1979).Examiner's manual autism screening instrument for educational planning. Portland, OR: ASIEP Education.
- Peck, C. A., Schuler, A. L., Tomlinson, C., Theimer, R. K., & Haring, T. (1986).The social competence curriculum project: A guide to instructional programming for social and communicative interactions (Contract No. 300-81-0353). Washington, DC: Office of Special Education, U.S. Department of Education.
- Smith, M. D., & Coleman, D. (1986). Managing the behavior of adults with autism in the job setting.Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 16, 145–153.
- Brief report: Competitive employment of adults with autism
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 21, Issue 2 , pp 237-242
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors