Brief report: Cognitive subclinical markers in autism
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This work was supported in part by Public Health Service grants MH1681-06 from the National Institute of Mental Health, A BRSG award 507RR5756-13 to S. Smalley, and a grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation to R. Asarnow. Special thanks to Lisa Ellzey for her work on this project and Dr. James Q. Simmons III, for his support and encouragement.
- Asarnow, R. F., Tanguay, P. E., Bott, L., & Freeman, B. J. (1987). Patterns of intellectual functioning in non-retarded autistic and schizophrenia children.Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 28, 273–280.
- August, G. J., Stewart, M. A., & Tsai, L. (1981). The incidence of cognitive disabilities in the siblings of autistic children.British Journal of Psychiatry, 138, 416–422.
- Baird, T. D., & August, G. J. (1985). Familial heterogeneity in infantile autism.Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 15, 315–321.
- Baron-Cohen, S. (1988). Social and pragmatic deficits in autism: cognitive or affective?Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 18, 379–402.
- Benton, A. L. (1980). The neuropsychology of facial recognition.American Psychologist, 35, 176–186.
- Benton, A. L., Van Allen, M. W., Hamsher, K. de S., & Levin, H. S. (1975).Test of facial recognition, form SL. Iowa City, LA: Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Benton, A. L., Varney, N. R., & Hamsher, K. de S. (1975).Judgment of line orientation. Iowa City, IA: Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Fein, D., Pennington, B., Markowitz, P., Braverman, M., & Waterhouse, L. (1986). Toward a neuropsychological model of infantile autism: are the social deficits primary?Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry, 25, 198–212.
- Folstein, S. & Rutter, M. (1977). Infantile autism: A genetic study of 21 twin pairs.Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 18, 297–321.
- Hobson, R. P. (1986). The autistic child's appraisal of expressions of emotion.Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 27, 321–342.
- Hollingshead, A. B. (1957).Two-factor index of social position. New Haven: Yale University.
- Izard, C. E. (1971).The face of emotion. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts.
- Kolb, B., & Taylor, L. (1981). Affective behavior in patients with localized cortical excisions: role of lesion site and side.Science, 214, 89–91.
- Lincoln, A. J., Corchesne, E., & Kilman, B. A. (1988). A study of intellectual abilities in high-functioning people with autism.Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 18, 505–524.
- Russell, A., Bott, L., and Sammons, C. (1989). Phenomenology of schizophrenia occurring in childhood.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 28, 399–407.
- Ryan, J. J. (1983). Clinical utility of a WAIS-R short form.Journal of Clinical Psychology, 39, 261–262.
- Sattler, J. M. (1974).Assessment of children's intelligence. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders.
- SAS Procedures Guide for Personal Computers, Version 6 Edition. (1985). Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.
- Smalley, S. L., Asarnow, R. F., & Spence, M. A. (1988). Autism and genetics: A decade of research.Archives of General Psychiatry, 45, 953–961.
- Walker, E., Marwit, S. J., & Emory, E. (1980). A cross-sectional study of emotion recognition in schizophrenics.Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 89, 428–436.
- Brief report: Cognitive subclinical markers in autism
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 20, Issue 2 , pp 271-278
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors