Exhibition of the first gas chromatographic work of Erika Cremer and Fritz Prior
- O. Bobleter
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In November 1995, theDeutsches Museum, the world's largest technical museum, opened a new branch in Bonn, devoted to achievements after 1945. There, the first gas chromatographic system used by Erika Cremer and Fritz Prior, in 1945–47, in Innsbruck, is exhibited. The new display is described and the early activities of Erika Cremer and her students are summarized.
- F. Prior, “Determination of Adsorption Heats of Gases and Vapors by the Application of the Chromatographic Method in the Gas Phase”: Ph.D. Thesis, University of Innsbruck, May 1947. (in German).
- Cremer, E., Prior, F. (1951) Application of the Chromatographic Method to the Separation of Gases and to the Determination of Adsorption Energies. Z. Elektrochem. 55: pp. 66-70
- Fries, P., Steiner, P. M. eds. (1995) Deutsches Museum Bonn, Forschung and Technik in Deutschland nach 1945. Deutscher Kunstverlag, München
- Cremer, E. (1976) On the Migration Speed of Zones in Chromatographic Analysis. Chromatographia 9: pp. 363-364
- Cremer, E. (1976) How We Started to Work in Gas Adsorption Chromatography. Chromatographia 9: pp. 364-366
- Martin, A. J. P., Synge, R. L. M. (1941) A New Form of Chromatogram. Biochem. J. 35: pp. 1358-1368
- E. Wicke, “Fundamentals of Separation Techniques Using Sorption”. Meeting of the Reichsamt für Wirtschaftsausbau, April 5, 1940. (in German) (See ).
- Arnold, G., Berezkin, V. G., Ettre, L. S. (1985) Paul Schuftan and the Early Development of Gas-Adsorption Chromatography. J. High Resolut. Chromatogr./Chromatogr. Commun. 8: pp. 651-658
- Cremer, E. (1941) Homogene Ortho- und Para-Wasserstoffkatalyse” and “Heterogene Ortho- und Para-Wasserstoffkatalyse. Handbuch der Katalyse. Springer Verlag, Wien, pp. 325-384
- A. Kunte, “Adsorption and Desorption of Acetylene and Ethylene on Activated Charcoal.” Diplomarbeit (Thesis for the Master's degree), University of Innsbruck, 1944; partly published in Monatsh. Chem.77, 126–133 (1946). (in German).
- James, A. T., Martin, A. J. P. (1952) Gas-Liquid Partition Chromatography: The Separation and Microestimation of Volatily Fatty Acids from Formic to Dodecanoic Acid.. Biochem. J. 50: pp. 679-690
- Ray, A. N. H. (1954) Gas Chromatography, I–II. J. Appl. Chem. 4: pp. 21-25
- The 1952 display was mentioned inACHEMA Nachrichten, published during the 1961 ACHEMA Meeting. See .
- Ettre, A. L. S. (1972) The Development of Gas Adsorption Chromatography. Internat. Lab. 2: pp. 8-13
- R. Müller, “Application of the Chromatographic Method for the Separation and Determination of Very Small Quantities of Gases.” Ph.D. Thesis, University of Innsbruck, May 1950. (in German).
- Cremer, E., Müller, R. (1951) Separation and Quantitative Determination of Small Quantities of Gases by Gas Chromatography. Mikrochemie/Mikrochim. Acta 36/37: pp. 553-560
- Cremer, E., Müller, R. (1951) Separation and Determination of Substances by Means of Gas-Phase Chromatography. Z. Elektrochem. 55: pp. 217-220
- Exhibition of the first gas chromatographic work of Erika Cremer and Fritz Prior
Volume 43, Issue 7-8 , pp 444-446
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Gas chromatography
- History of chromatography
- Industry Sectors
- O. Bobleter (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, University of Innsbruck, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria