HPLC analysis of the main oxindole alkaloids fromUncaria tomentosa
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The main oxindole alkaloids from the root bark ofUncaria tomentosa were separated by reversed phase HPLC with an acetonitrile/methanol/phosphate buffer solvent gradient. UV detection was carried out at 245 nm. The chromatographic parameters for the separation of the alkaloids were optimized by studying the impact of the pH value of the mobile phase and the column temperature on the separation efficiency of the analytical system. The best separation was achieved with a mobile phase pH of 6.6 and a column temperature of 15°C. The method developed is suitable for the qualitative characterisation and quantitative determination of oxindole alkaloids in crudeUncaria tomentosa extracts and phytopharmaceuticals.
- F. W. Ostendorf, Suriname Bulletin79, 199 (1962).
- R. Cerri, R. Aquino, F. De Simone, C. Pizza, J. Nat. Prod.51, 257 (1988). CrossRef
- K. Kepplinger, PCT Int. Appl. WO 8201, 130 (1982).
- J. D. Phillipson, S. R. Hemingway, J. Chromatogr.105, 163 (1975). CrossRef
- S. Montenegro De Matta, F. Delle Monache, F. Ferrari, G. B. Marini-Bettolo, Il Farmaco31, 527 (1976).
- S. Sturm, University of Innsbruck (1992) Thesis in preparation.
- H. Wagner, B. Kreutzkamp, K. Jurcic, Planta Med.51, 419 (1985).
- J. D. Phillipson, N. Supavita, L. A. Anderson, J. Chromatogr.244, 91 (1982). CrossRef
- HPLC analysis of the main oxindole alkaloids fromUncaria tomentosa
Volume 34, Issue 11-12 , pp 597-600
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Column liquid chromatography
- Oxindole alkaloids
- Uncaria tomentosa
- Industry Sectors