Nicholas Culpeper's physick for rheumatics
- W. Buchanan M.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Chaucer, G. The Canterbury Tales (Translated into Modern English by N. Goghill), Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England, Penguin Books Ltd., 1977.
- Wright, D. Beowulf. (English Translation). Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England, Penguin Books Ltd. 1957.
- Pachter, H.M. Paracelsus Magic into Science. New York, H. Schuman, 1951.
- Bellamy, N., Sothern, R.B., Campbell, J. Rhythmic variations in pain perception in osteoarthritis of the knee. J Rheumatol 1990, 17, 364–372.
- Bellamy, N., Sothern, R.B., Campbell, J., Buchanan, W.W. Circadian rhythm in pain, stiffness and manual dexterity in rheumatoid arthritis: relation between discomfort and disability. Ann Rheum Dis 1991, 50, 243–248.
- Levi, F., Lelouarn, C., Reimberg, A. Timing optimizes sustained-release indomethacin treatment of osteoarthritis. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1985, 37, 77–84.
- Osler, W. Sir. The Evolution of Modern Medicine. New Haven, Yale University Press. 1921, page 122.
- Hoyle, F. From virus to cosmology. J Roy Soc Med 1983, 76, 99–111.
- Chance, B. Nicholas Culpeper, Gent: student in physick and astrologie. Ann Med Hist 1931, 3, 394–403.
- Culpeper, N. Culpeper's School of Physick or the Experimental Practice of the Whole Art. London, England, N. Brook at the Angel in Cornhill, 1659 (Reprinted by The Classics of Medicine Library, New York USA 1994).
- Culpeper, N. The Complete Herbal (1653). Reprinted in Birmingham, England by the Kynoch Press for the publishers Imperial Chemical (Pharmaceutical) Ltd 1953.
- Copeman, W.S.C. A Short History of the Gout and the Rheumatic Diseases. Berkeley California, University of California Press, 1964, p. 110.
- Jones, E.G. An Account of the Remarkable Effects of the Eau Medicinale d'Husson in the Gout 1810 (cited by Copeman-reference 11).
- The Works of Thomas Sydenham, M.D. (translated from the Latin edition of Dr. Greenhill with a Life of the Author by R.G. Latham, M.D.) 2 vols. London, The Sydenham Society, 1648. Reprinted by the Classics of Medicine Library, Birmingham, Alabama, 1979.
- Graham, W., Graham, K.M. Our gouty past. Canad Med Assoc J 1955, 73, 485–493.
- Melzack, R., Wall, P.D. The Challenge of Pain. London, England, Penguin Books 1991.
- Withering, W. An Account of the Foxglove and Some of Its Medical Uses 1785. Birmingham, Alabama, The Classics of Medicine Library, 1979.
- Stone, Rev. E. An account of the success of the bark of the willow in the cure of agues. Phil Trans Roy Soc 1763, 53, 195–200.
- Watson, G. Theriac and Mithridatium. A Study in Therapeutics. London. The Wellcome Historical Medical Library 1966.
- The Definitive Edition of Rudyard Kipling's Verse. London, England, Hodden and Stoughton Ltd 1969, pp. 563–564.
- Hufford, T.L. Botany. Basic Concepts in Plant Biology, New York, Harper and Row, Publishers 1978, p. 76.
- Porter, R. Disease, Medicine and Society in England 1550–1860. Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, England. MacMillan Publishers Ltd., 1987.
- Hamilton, D. The Healers: A History of Medicine in Scotland. Edinburgh, Canongate, 1981, p. 53.
- Gadbury, J. City by Chance (9).
- Punch, 1929, 177, 4596.
- Nicholas Culpeper's physick for rheumatics
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 81-86
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- W. Buchanan M.D. (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dept. of Medicine, Mc Master University, Room 2F10, L8N 3Z5, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada