The relation between cation-ratio and host-resistance to certain downy mildew and root-knot diseases
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The (Ca+Mg)/K ratio was found to have a relationship with the resistance of various crops to downy mildew and root-knot diseases. Predisposing factors such as host nutrition, prior infection by other pathogens and plant age changed (Ca+Mg)/K ratio. (Ca+Mg)/K ratio calculated from the published data of other workers also exhibited this relationship. It appears to play a role in several host-pathogen systems.
- Bains S S and Jhooty J S 1978 Increased susceptibility of virus infectedBrassica juncea toPeronospora parasitica. Plant Dis. Reptr. 62, 1043–1046.
- Bains S S and Jhooty J S 1978 Relationship between mineral nutrition of muskmelon and development of downy mildew caused byPseudoperonospora cubensis. Plant and Soil 49, 85–90.
- Bains S S and Jhooty J S 1979 Mixed infections byAlbugo candida andPeronospora parasitica onBrassica juncea inflorescences and their control. Indian Phytopath. 32, 268–271.
- Balasubramanian K A 1975 Influence of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers on the expression of downy mildew of sorghum. Plant and Soil 43, 621–626.
- Boning Karl 1976 Relations between nutriton and susceptibility to parasitic and nonparasitic diseases in plants. Plant Research and Development 4, 24–33.
- Brown J W and Wadleigh C H 1975 Influence of sodium bicarbonate on the growth and chlorosis of garden beets. Bot. Gaz. 116, 201–209.
- Chapman H D and Pratt D F 1961 Methods of Analysis for Soils, Plants and Water. Univ. Calif. Div. Agric. Sci. Berkely.
- Dekock P C and Hall A 1955 The phosphorus-iron relationship in general chlorosis. Plant Physiol. 30, 293–295.
- Jackson M L 1968 Soil Chemical Analysis. Asia Publishing House, Bombay.
- Sherwood R T and Huisingh D 1970 Calcium nutrition and resistance of alfalfa toDitylenchus dipsaci. J. Nematology 2, 316.
- U. S. Salinity staff 1954 Diagnosis and improvement of saline alkaline soil, USDA Handbook 60.
- Wallace J Kuc and Draught H N 1962 Biochemical changes in the water insoluble material of maturing applefruit and their possible relationship to disease resistance. Phytopathology 52, 1023–1026.
- The relation between cation-ratio and host-resistance to certain downy mildew and root-knot diseases
Plant and Soil
Volume 81, Issue 1 , pp 69-74
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff/Dr. W. Junk Publishers
- Additional Links
- Sclerophthora rayssiae var.zeae
- Pseudoperonospora cubensis
- Peronospora parasitica
- Meloidogyne incognita
- Industry Sectors