On characterizing the solution sets of pseudolinear programs
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper provides several new and simple characterizations of the solution sets of pseudolinear programs. By means of the basic properties of pseudolinearity, the solution set of a pseudolinear program is characterized, for instance, by the equality that \(\nabla f(x)^T (\bar x - x) = 0\) , for each feasible pointx, where \(\bar x\) is in the solution set. As a consequence, we give characterizations of both the solution set and the boundedness of the solution set of a linear fractional program.
- Chew, K. L., andChoo, E. V.,Pseudolinearity and Efficiency, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 28, pp. 226–239, 1984.
- Komlósi, S.,First and Second-Order Characterization of Pseudolinear Functions, European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 67, pp. 278–286, 1993.
- Rapesak, T.,On Pseudolinear Functions, European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 50, pp. 353–360, 1991.
- Charnes, A., andCooper, W. W.,Programming with Linear Fractional Functionals, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol. 19, pp. 181–186, 1962.
- Craven, B. D.,Fractional Programming, Sigma Series in Applied Mathematics, Heldermann Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1988.
- Mangasarian, O. L.,A Simple Characterization of Solution Sets of Convex Programs, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 7, pp. 21–26, 1988.
- Burke, J. V., andFerris, M. C.,Characterization of Solution Sets of Convex Programs, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 10, pp. 57–60, 1991.
- Jeyakumar, V.,Infinite-Dimensional Convex Programming with Applications to Constrained Approximation, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 75, pp. 469–586, 1992.
- Jeyakumar, V., andYang, X. Q.,Convex Composite Multi-Objective Nonsmooth Programming, Mathematical Programming, Vol. 59, pp. 325–343, 1993.
- Kortanek, K. O., andEvans, J. P.,Pseudoconcave Programming and Lagrange Regularity, Operations Research, Vol. 15, pp. 882–892, 1967.
- Rockafellar, R. T.,Convex Analysis, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey, 1970.
- On characterizing the solution sets of pseudolinear programs
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 87, Issue 3 , pp 747-755
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Solution sets
- pseudolinear programs
- linear fractional programs
- Industry Sectors