On representing sylvester-gallai designs
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A misstated conjecture in  leads to an interesting “(1, 3) representation” of the 7-point projective plane inR 4 where points are represented by lines and planes by 3-spaces. The corrected form of the original conjecture will be negated if there is a (1, 3) representation of the 13-point projective plane inR 4 but that matter is not settled.
- Hirzebruch, F., Arrangements of Lines and Algebraic Surfaces, inArithmetic and Geometry (Papers dedicated to I. R. Shafarevich), Vol. 2, pp. 113–140, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1983.
- Joussen, J., Eine Bemerkung zu einem Satz von Sylvester, inResults in Mathematics, Vol. 7, pp. 190–191, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1984.
- Kelly, L. M., A Resolution of the Sylvester-Gallai Problem of J.-P. Serre,Discrete Comput. Geom. 1 (1986), 101–104. CrossRef
- Kelly, L. M. and Nwankpa, S., Affine Embeddings of Sylvester-Gallai Designs,J. Combin. Theory 14 (1973), 422–438. CrossRef
- Serre, J.-P., Problem 5359,Amer. Math. Monthly,73 (1966), 89.
- On representing sylvester-gallai designs
Discrete & Computational Geometry
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 345-348
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors