Soil water availability
- J. T. Ritchie
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Black, T. A., Gardner, W. R. and Thurtell, G. W. 1969 The prediction of evaporation, drainage, and soil water storage for a bare soil. Soil Sci. Soc. of Am. Proc. 33, 655–660.
- Brown, Paul L. 1971 Water use and soil water depletion by dryland winter wheat as affected by nitrogen fertilization. Agron. J. 63, 43–46.
- Brust, K. J., van Bavel, C. H. M. and Stirk, G. B. 1968 Hydraulic properties of a clay loam soil and the field measurement of water uptake by roots. III: Comparison of field and laboratory data on retention and of measured and calculated conductivities. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 32, 322–326.
- Gardner, W. R. 1966 Soil water movement and root absorption. In Eds. W. H. Pierre, Don Kirkham, John Pesek, and Robert Shaw, Plant environment and efficient water use. Am. Soc. of Agron. and Soil Sci. Soc. of Am., Madison, Wisconsin, p 127–149.
- Jordan, W. R. and Ritchie, J. T. 1971 Influence of soil water stress on evaporation, root absorption, and internal water status of cotton. Plant Physiol. 48, 783–788.
- Miller, D. E. 1967 Available water in soil as influenced by extraction of soil water by plants. Agron. J. 59, 420–423.
- Ritchie, J. T. 1973 Influence of soil water status and meteorological conditions on evaporation from a corn canopy. Agron. J. 65, 893–897.
- Ritchie, J. T., Burnett, E. and Henderson, R. C. 1972 Dryland evaporative flux in a subhumid climate. III: Soil water influence. Agron. J. 64, 168–173.
- Stone, L. R. and Horton, M. L. 1974 Estimating evapotranspiration using canopy temperatures: Field evaluation. Agron. J. 66, 450–456.
- Stone, L. R., Horton, M. L. and Olson, T. C. 1973 Water loss from an irrigated sorghum field. I: Water flux within and below the root zone. II: Evapotranspiration and root extraction. Agron. J. 65, 492–497.
- van Bavel, E. H. M., Stirk, G. B. and Brust, K. J. 1968a Hydraulic properties of a clay loam soil and the field measurement of water uptake by roots. I: Interpretation of water content and pressure profiles. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 32, 310–317.
- van Bavel, E. H. M., Brust, K. J. and Stirk, G. B. 1968b Hydraulic properties of a clay loam soil and the field measurement of water uptake by roots. II: The water balance of the root zone. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 32, 317–321.
- Soil water availability
Plant and Soil
Volume 58, Issue 1-3 , pp 327-338
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff/Dr. W. Junk Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- J. T. Ritchie (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. United States Department of Agriculture, Science and Education Administration, Agricultural Research Southern Region, Grassland, Soil & Water Research Laboratory, Temple, Texas, U.S.A.