School flight and school policy: Desegregation and resegregation in the Memphis City Schools
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
When this paper was prepared, George W. Noblit was Associate Professor of Sociology at Memphis State University. He is currently Educational Policy Fellow, Desegregation Studies, Educational Policy and Organization, at the National Institute of Education.
Thomas W. Collins is Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Anthropology, at Memphis State University.
- Coleman, J. S. (1976) Response to Professors Pettigrew and Green. Harvard Educational Review 46: pp. 217-224
- Coleman, J. S., Kelly, S. D., Moore, J. A. (1975) Trends in school segregation 1968–1973. The Urban Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Farley, R. Can Governmental Policies Integrate Public Schools? Paper presented at the American Sociological Association Annual Meetings, New York, N.Y., August, 1976.
- Pettigrew, T. F., Green, R. L. (1976) School desegregation in large cities: a critique of the Coleman “white flight” thesis. Harvard Educational Review 46: pp. 1-53
- Pettigrew, T. F. (1976) A reply to Professor Coleman. Harvard Educational Review 46: pp. 225-238
- Rossell, C. H. (1975) School desegregation and white flight. Political Science Quarterly 90: pp. 675-695
- St. John, N. (1975) School desegregation: outcomes for children. Wiley, New York
- Stephens, O. Z. (1976) Induced desegregation: its effects on white pupil population and Resegregation in the Memphis city school system. Memphis, City Schools, Division of Research, Memphis, TN
- Takayama, K., Sachs, D. G. (1976) Polity and decision premises: the Church and the private school. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion 15: pp. 269-278
- Turner, S. P. and Carr, D. The process of criticism in interpretive sociology and history. Presented to the Annual Meetings of the American Sociological Association. New York, August 30–September 3, 1976.
- School flight and school policy: Desegregation and resegregation in the Memphis City Schools
The Urban Review
Volume 10, Issue 3 , pp 203-212
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links