Solution of symmetric and unsymmetric band equations and the calculation of eigenvectors of band matrices
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Editor's note. In this fascicle, prepublication of algorithms from the Linear Algebra series of the Handbook for Automatic Computation is continued. Algorithms are published inALGOL 60 reference language as approved by the IFIR. Contributions in this series should be styled after the most recently published ones.
- Bowdler, H. J., R. S. Martin, G. Peters, andJ. H. Wilkinson: Solution of Real and Complex Systems of Linear Equations. Numerische Mathematik8, 217–234 (1966).
- Martin, R. S., andJ. H. Wilkinson: Symmetric decomposition of positive definite band matrices. Numerische Mathematik7, 355–361 (1965).
- —,G. Peters, andJ. H. Wilkinson: Iterative refinement of the solution of a positive definite system of equations. Numerische Mathematik (to be published).
- Wilkinson, J. H.: Calculation of the eigenvectors of a symmetric tridiagonal matrix by inverse iteration. Numerische Mathematik4, 368–376 (1962).
- —:The algebraic eigenvalue problem. London: Oxford University Press 1965.
- Solution of symmetric and unsymmetric band equations and the calculation of eigenvectors of band matrices
Volume 9, Issue 4 , pp 279-301
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors