Effects of sulphate, calcium and aluminum ions upon the hydration of sulphoaluminate belite cement
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In the model sulphoaluminate belite cement, the process of hydration is governed by the diffusion and transport phenomena of the main ionic species. The sulphate components and combined sulphate and aluminium ions, exert an accelerating effect upon the kinetics of sulphoaluminate belite cement hydration. Aluminium and calcium ions delay the hydration by creating a retarding layer which can be considered a co-precipitate of aluminium and calcium hydroxides. This is revealed in the calorimetric curves by the duration of induction period and also by the intensities of the main peaks. The appearance of small additional peaks characterizes the formation of ‘primary ettringite’, due to the presence of sulphate ions in aqueous solution. The intensities of these peaks depend on the ion concentration too.
- Havlica, J., Sahu, S. (1992) Cem. Concr. Res. 22: pp. 672
- Gabrišova, A., Havlica, J., Sahu, S. (1991) Cem. Concr. Res. 21: pp. 1023
- Ogawa, K., Roy, D. M. (1982) Cem. Concr. Res. 12: pp. 101
- S. Sahu, J. Majling and J. Havlica, 9th ICCC, IV-443 New Delhi 1992.
- S. Sahu and J. Havlica, 9th ICCC, IV-157 New Delhi 1992.
- J. Skalny, M. Maretta and J. F. Young, 8th ICCC, II–113, Paris 1980.
- Min, Deng, Mingshu, T. (1993) Cem. Concr. Res. 24: pp. 120
- L. Taczuk, J. P. Bayoux, F. Sorrentino and A. Campas, 9th ICCC, III-279 New Delhi 1992.
- D. M. Roy and M. Dainom, 8th ICCC, II-242, Paris 1980.
- F. Zhan and Z. Zhon, 8th ICCC, II-88, Paris 1980.
- Effects of sulphate, calcium and aluminum ions upon the hydration of sulphoaluminate belite cement
Journal of thermal analysis
Volume 46, Issue 2 , pp 549-556
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- sulphoaluminate belite cement
- Industry Sectors