Computation of exponential integrals
- A. I. Barvinok
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Let P⊂ ℝ d be a convex polyhedron and f: ℝ d→ℝ a linear function. One studies the computational complexity of the integral ∫pexp f(xdx. It is shown that these integrals satisfy nontrivial algebraic relations, which makes possible the construction of polynomial algorithms for certain polyhedra. Examples are given of the application of exponential integrals to the calculation of volume and nonlinear programming.
- F. Preparata and M. Sheimos, Computational Geometry: Introduction [in Russian], Moscow (1989).
- A. I. Barvinok, “Method of Newton sums in problems of combinatorial optimization,” Discrete Matem.,2, No. 1, 3–15 (1990).
- A. I. Barvinok, “Method of statistical sums in problems of combinatorial optimization,” Algebra Analiz,2, No. 5, 63–79 (1990).
- A. I. Barvinok, “Problems of combinatorial optimization, statistical sums, and representations of the general linear group,” Matem. Zametki,49, No. 1, 3–11 (1991).
- I. M. Gel'fand and A. V. Zelevinskii, “Algebraic and combinatorial aspects of the general theory of hypergeometric functions,” Funkts. Analiz Prilozhen.,20, No. 3, 17–34 (1986).
- A. N. Varchenko, “Combinatorics and topology of position of affine hyperplanes in real space,” Funkts. Analiz Prilozhen.,21, No. 1, 11–22 (1987).
- K. Aomoto, “On the structure of integrals of power product of linear functions,” Sci. Papers College General Education, Univ. Tokyo,27, 49–61 (1977).
- F. W. J. Olver, Introduction to Asymptotics and Special Functions, Academic Press (1974).
- I. M. Gel'fand and G. E. Shilov, Generalized Functions, Vol. 1. Generalized Functions and Operations Over Them [in Russian], Moscow (1959).
- B. V. Shabat, Introduction to Complex Analysis. Part 2. Functions of Several Variables [in Russian], Moscow (1985).
- Computation of exponential integrals
Journal of Mathematical Sciences
Volume 70, Issue 4 , pp 1934-1943
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors