February 1995, Volume 14, Issue 2, pp 151-153
In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility ofVibrio vulnificus isolated in Taiwan
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Kelly MT, Hickman-Brenner FW, Farmer JJ III:Vibrio. In: Balows A, Hausler WJ, Herrmann KL, Isenberg HD, Shadomy HJ (ed): Manual of clinical microbiology. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, DC, 1991, p. 384–395.
- Johnston JM, Becker SF, Mafarland LM:Vibrio vulnificus: man and sea. Journal of the American Medical Association 1985, 253: 2850–2853.
- Klontz KC, Lieb S, Schreiber M, Janowaki HT, Baldy LM, Gunn RA: Syndromes ofVibrio vulnificus infections: clinical and epidemiologic features in Florida cases, 1981–1987. Annals of Internal Medicine 1988, 109: 318–323.
- Park SD, Shon HS, Joh NJ:Vibrio vulnificus septicemia in Korea: clinical and epidemiologic findings in seventy patients. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 1991, 24: 397–403.
- Chuang YC, Yuan CY, Lan CK, Huang AHM:Vibrio vulnificus infection in Taiwan: report of 28 cases and review of clinical manifestations and treatment. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1992, 15: 271–276.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards: Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically. Approved standard M7-A2. NCCLS, Villanova, PA, 1990.
- Morris JG Jr, Tenney JH, Drusano GL: In vitro susceptibility of pathogenicVibrio species to norfloxacin and six other antimicrobial agents. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 1985, 28: 442–445.
- Tison DL, Kelly MT: Virulence ofVibrio vulnificus strains from marine environments. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 1986, 51: 1004–1006.
- French GL, Woo ML, Hui YW, Chan KY: Antimicrobial susceptibilities of halophilic vibrios. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 1989, 24: 183–194.
- Clark RB: Antibiotic susceptibilities of theVibrionaceae to meropenem and other antimicrobial agents. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 1992, 15: 453–455.
- In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility ofVibrio vulnificus isolated in Taiwan
European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Volume 14, Issue 2 , pp 151-153
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Internal Medicine, Taiwan Provincial Tainan Hospital, 125 Chung-Shan Road, 700, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
- 2. Department of Medical Technology, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, No. 1 University Road, 701, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
- 3. Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung-Shan South Road, 100, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
- 4. School of Medical Technology, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Chang-Te Street, 100, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China