Self and mutual admittance of slot antennas on a dielectric half-space
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, an efficient implementation of the spectral domain moment technique is presented for computing the self and mutual coupling between slot antennas on a dielectric half-space. It is demonstrated that by the proper selection of the weighting functions in the method of moments, the analytic evaluation or simplification of the transverse moment integrals is enabled. This results into a significant reduction of the required computational labor. The method is then utilized in order to provide design data for the self and mutual admittances between two slot antennas on a dielectric substrate lens in the case of fused quartz (∈ r =3.80), crystal quartz (∈ r =4.53), silicon (∈ r =11.9) and GaAs (∈ r =12.8). The presented technique and associated results are useful when designing twin slot quasi-optical receivers, imaging arrays, phased arrays or power-combining arrays of slot elements at millimeter-wave frequencies.
- D.B. Rutledge and M.S. Muha, “Imaging antenna arrays,”IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-30, pp. 535–540, July 1982.
- M. Kominami, D. Pozar, and D. Schaubert, “Dipole and slot elements and arrays on semi-infinite substrates,”IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-33, pp. 600–607, June 1985.
- D.B. Rutledge, D.P. Neikirk, and D.P. Kasilingam “Integrated circuit antennas,”Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 10, Academic Press, pp. 1–90, 1983.
- A.R. Kerr, P.H. Siegel, and R.J. Mattauch, “A simple quasi-optical mixer for 100–120 GHz,”IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., pp. 96–98, 1977.
- R.L. Rogers and D.P. Neikirk, “Use of broadside twin element antennas to increase efficiency on electrically thick dielectric substrates,”International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol 9, No. 11, pp. 949–969, 1988.
- R.L. Rogers and D.P. Neikirk, “Radiation properties of slot and dipole elements on layered substrates,”International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol 10, No. 10, pp. 697–728, 1989.
- J. Zmuidzinas and H.G. LeDuc, “Quasi-optical slot antenna SIS mixers,”IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. MTT-40, pp. 1797–1804, Sept. 1992.
- G. Gauthier, T.P. Budka, W.Y. Ali-Ahmad, D.F. Filipovic and G.M. Rebeiz, “A low-noise 86–90 GHz uniplanar Schottky-receiver”,IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., pp. 325–327, 1993.
- D.F. Filipovic, S.S. Gearhart and G.M. Rebeiz, “Double-slot antennas on extended hemispherical and elliptical dielectric lenses.” To appear in the October 1993 issue of theIEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech..
- R.S. Elliott, “An improved design procedure for small arrays of shunt slots,”IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-31, pp. 48–53, Jan. 1983.
- S.W. Lee et al., “Singularity in Green's function and its numerical evaluation,”IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-28, pp. 311–317, May 1980.
- D.B. Miron, “The singular integral problem in surfaces,”IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-31, pp. 507–509, May 1983.
- J. Galejs, “Excitation of slots in a conducting screen above a lossy dielectric half space,”IRE Trans. Antennas Propagat., pp. 436–443, July 1962.
- R.S. Elliott,Antenna Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1981, Chap. 7.
- N. Amitay, V. Galindo and C.P. Wu,Theory and Analysis of Phased Array Antennas Wiley, New York, 1972, pp. 29–33.
- I.S. Gradshteyn and I.M. Ryzhik,Table of Integrals, Series, and Products fifth edition, Academic, San Diego, CA, 1980.
- M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun,Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover, New York.
- A. Erdelyi, Editor,Tables of Integral Transforms, Vol. I McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954.
- Self and mutual admittance of slot antennas on a dielectric half-space
International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves
Volume 14, Issue 10 , pp 1925-1946
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors