ORGOTEIN: a new antiinflammatory metalloprotein drug evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety in inflammatory conditions of the urinary tract
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Results are presented for 148 patients to assess the clinical efficacy and safety of a new antiinflammatory metalloprotein drug, generic name Orgotein. The drug was not only well tolerated upon systemic administration, but also was found to be completely safe without any side effects as administrated by special routes of administration, such as instillation into the tunica vaginalis, intramurally by needle catheter into the bladder wall, and locally into the plaques of induratio penis plastica. Based on our experience to date, we can report excellent therapeutic success in the treatment of radiation cystitis in the female, and also in all other forms of chronic interstitial cystitis. The results of orgotein therapy in radiation cystitis are extraordinarily good and surpass those of all other methods of treatment. The rate therapeutic success in chronic prostatitis with systemic orgotein administration is equal to that with other methods of treatment. The treatment of induratio penis plastica appears promising. Orgotein efficacy in hydrocele was demonstrated in a double-blind placebo-controlled study.
- Campbell, H. F.: Urology W. B. Saunders Company, (1963).
- Carson, S., Vogin, E. E., Huber, W., Schulte, T. L., Safety tests of orgotein, an antiinflammatory protein.Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 26, (1973).
- Clarke, B. G., Bamford, S. (1959) Hydrocele: Studies on biochemical and histologic structure in relation to treatment. J. of Urol. 82: pp. 663
- Cushing, L. S., Decker, W. E., Santos, F. K., Schulte, T. L., Huber, W.: A model of induced inflammation in the horse and its use to test orgotein.Mod. Vet. Practice, (1973).
- Federal Register 37, No. 178, Part 135b, 18529,: New animal drugs for implantation or injection. (September 13, 1972).
- Frick, J., Hittmair, A. (1967) Die Behandlung des Blasenulcus nach Radium-Röntgenbestrahlung von Kollum Karzinomen. Urol. int. 22: pp. 429
- Huber, W., Schulte, T. L., Carson, S., Goldhamer, R.E., Vogin, E. E. (1968) Some chemical and pharmacologic properties of a novel anti-inflammatory protein. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 12: pp. 308
- Kaufmann, E.: Lehrbuch der speziellen pathologischen Anatomie, Walter De Gruyter, (1957).
- Kolle, P. (1967) Zur Behandlung der Hydrocele testis. Münch. Med. Wochenschrift 105: pp. 397
- Loughran, A.M. (1963) Hunner's cystopathy. J. Roy. Coll. Surg. (Edinbugh) 8: pp. 201
- Marberger, H. (1968) Zum Problem der Prostatitis und Urethritis. Wien. klin. Wochenschrift 80: pp. 217
- Montelia, G., Fontana, G. (1962) Le therapie dell'idrocele con hydrocortisone. Arch. Ital. Urol. 35: pp. 231
- Schulte, T. L., Reynolds, L. R. (1956) Transurethral intramural injection, of hydrocortone hyaluronidase for interstitial cystitis (Hunner's ulcers). J. of Urol. 75: pp. 63
- Rütte, B. (1966) Die medikamentöse Behandlung der Hydrozele und Spermatozele. Praxis 55: pp. 1459
- ORGOTEIN: a new antiinflammatory metalloprotein drug evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety in inflammatory conditions of the urinary tract
International Urology and Nephrology
Volume 6, Issue 2 , pp 61-74
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors