A note on the Weber location problem
- Zvi Drezner
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this note, we collect some interesting and useful results about the Weber problem. We investigate an accelerated Weiszfeld procedure which increases the step size and find a formula for the step size that empirically produces the fastest convergence rate. We also derive an estimate for the optimal cost of the system.
- R. Chen, Solution of location problems with radial cost function, Comput. Math. Appl. 10(1984)87–94. CrossRef
- R. Chen, Location problems with costs being sums of powers of Euclidean distances, Comput. Oper. Res. 11(1984)285–294. CrossRef
- W. Domschke and A. Drexel,Location and Layout Planning, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems No. 238 (Springer, 1985).
- Z. Drezner, The planar two-center and two-median problems, Transp. Sci. 18(1984)351–361. CrossRef
- Z. Drezner and D. Simchi-Levi, Asymptotic behavior of the Weber location problem in the plane, this issue.
- R.L. Francis and J.A. White,Facility Layout and Location (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1974).
- I.N. Katz, On the convergence of a numerica scheme for solving some locational equilibrium problems, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 17(1969)1224–1231. CrossRef
- I.N. Katz, Local convergence in Fermat's problem, Math. Progr. 6(1974)89–104. CrossRef
- H.W. Kuhn, On a pair of dual non-linear problems, in:Non-Linear Programming, ed. J. Abadie (Wiley, New York, 1967).
- R.F. Love and P.D. Dowling, A generalized bounding method for multifacility location models, Oper. Res. 37(1989)653–657. CrossRef
- R.F. Love, J.G. Morris and G.O. Wesolowsky,Facilities Location Models and Methods (North-Holland, New York, 1988).
- J.G. Morris, Convergences of the Weiszfeld algorithm for the Weber problem using generalized “distance” functions, Oper. Res. 29(1981)37–48. CrossRef
- L.M. Ostresh, Jr., On the convergence of a class of iterative methods for solving the Weber location problem, Oper. Res. 26(1978)597–609. CrossRef
- E. Weiszfeld, Sur le point pour lequel la somme des distances den points donnés est minimum, Tohoku Math. J. 43(1937)355–386.
- A note on the Weber location problem
Annals of Operations Research
Volume 40, Issue 1 , pp 153-161
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Zvi Drezner (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Management Science, School of Business Administration and Economics, California State University, 92634, Fullerton, CA, USA