Studies on the composition of human dental calculus
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The concentrations of Ca, Mg, Na, K, Cl, Zn, Sr, Mn, Ba, Br, and Au were determined in individual samples of dental calculus collected from patients resident in the Manchester area. The method used was instrumental neutron activation analysis (INAA), combined with gamma-spectrometry. The highest and lowest values of Sr were found in calculus from patients of Asian origin. No differences were found in the elements studied with regard to sex or age. Individual variations were highest in Au and lowest in Ca.
- P. GRØN, G. J. VAN CAMPEN, I. LINDSTROM, Archs. Oral Biol., 12 (1967) 829 CrossRef
- R. Z. LE GEROS, I. L. SHANNON, J. Dent. Res., 58 (1979) 2371.
- R. Z. LE GEROS, J. Dent. Res., 53 (1974) 45.
- D. H. RETIEF, P. E. CLEATON-JONES, J. TURKSTRA, H. J. SMIT, P. J. PRETORIUS, J. Dent. Res., 51 (1972) 807.
- D. H. RETIEF, P. E. CLEATON-JONES, J. TURKSTRA, H. J. SMIT, J. Periodont. Res., 8 (1973) 263.
- M. LUNDBERG, R. SÖREMARK, H. THILANDER, J. Periodont. Res., 1 (1966) 245.
- M. KNUUTTILA, R. LAPPALAINEN, V. KONTTURI-NARHI, Scand. J. Dent. Res., 87 (1979) 192.
- P. A. BAEDECKER, Anal. Chem., 43 (1971) 405. CrossRef
- R. SÖREMARK, O. INGELS, H. PLETTM, K. SAMSAHL, Acta Odont. Scand., 20 (1962) 215.
- M. M. MOLOKHIA, A. MOLOKHIA, unpublished materials.
- J. D. CROSS, M. DALE, H. SMITH, L. B. SMITH, Radiochem. Radional. Letters, 35 (1978) 291.
- Studies on the composition of human dental calculus
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
Volume 83, Issue 2 , pp 273-281
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors