PROMISE: A DSS for multiple objective stochastic linear programming problems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Most of the multiple objective linear programming (MOLP) methods which have been proposed in the last fifteen years suppose deterministic contexts, but because many real problems imply uncertainty, some methods have been recently developed to deal with MOLP problems in stochastic contexts. In order to help the decision maker (DM) who is placed before such stochastic MOLP problems, we have built a Decision Support System called PROMISE. On the one hand, our DSS enables the DM to identify many current stochastic contexts: risky situations and also situations of partial uncertainty. On the other hand, according to the nature of the uncertainty, our DSS enables the DM to choose the most appropriate interactive stochastic MOLP method among the available methods, if such a method exists, and to solve his problem via the chosen method.
- Benayoun, R., Montgolfier, J., Tergny, J., Larichev, O. (1971) Linear programming and multiple objective functions: STEP method (STEM). Math. Progr. 1: pp. 366-375 CrossRef
- Geoffrion, A.M., Dyer, J.S., Feinberg, A. (1972) An interactive approach for multicriterion optimization with an application to the operation of an academic department. Manag. Sci. 19: pp. 357-368
- Goicoechea, A., Hansen, D.R., Duckstein, L. (1982) Multiobjective Decision Analysis with Engineering and Business Applications. Wiley, New York
- Kall, P. (1976) Stochastic Linear Programming. Springer, Berlin
- Klein, G., Moskowitz, H., Ravindran, A. (1990) Interactive multiobjective optimization under uncertainty. Manag Sci. 36: pp. 58-75 CrossRef
- Slowinsky, R., Teghem, J. eds. (1990) Stochastic versus Fuzzy Approach to Multiobjective Mathematical Programming Under Uncertainty. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht
- Stancu-Minasian, I.M. (1984) Stochastic Programming with Objective Functions. D. Reidel, Dordrecht
- J. Teghem, Multiobjective linear programming under different scenarios, communication atEuro XII/TIMS 21st Meeting, Helsinki (1992).
- Teghem, J., Dufrane, D., Thauvoye, M., Kunsh, P. (1986) STRANGE: an interactive method for multiobjective linear programming under uncertainty. Eur. J. Oper. Res. 26: pp. 65-82 CrossRef
- B. Urli and R. Nadeau, Multiobjective stochastic linear programming with incomplete information: a general methodology, in:Stochastic versus Fuzzy Approaches to Multiobjective Mathematical Programming Under Uncertainty, ed. R. Slowinsky and J. Teghem, op.cit. (1990).
- Urli, B., Nadeau, R. (1990) Stochastic MOLP with incomplete information: an interactive approach with recourse. J. Oper. Res. Soc. 41: pp. 1143-1152
- Urli, B., Nadeau, R. (1992) An interactive method to multiobjective linear programming problems with interval coefficients. INFOR 30: pp. 127-137
- B. Urli and R. Nadeau, Scenarios based interactive methods for multiobjective stochastic linear programming, Cahiers de recherche de l'Université du Québec à Rimouski (1993).
- Zimmermann, H.J., Zadeh, L.A., Gaines, R.B. eds. (1984) Fuzzy Sets and Decision Analysis. North-Holland, Amsterdam
- PROMISE: A DSS for multiple objective stochastic linear programming problems
Annals of Operations Research
Volume 51, Issue 1 , pp 45-59
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Multiple objective
- linear programming
- decision support system
- Industry Sectors