Note on the solution of a certain boundary-value problem
- P. Wynn
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A simple algorithm is described for inverting the operatorD x D y (D x andD y here and subsequently denote partial differentiation with respect tox andy respectively) which occurs in the iterative solution of the equationD x D y f (x, y)=g (x, y, f, D x f, D x 2 f,D x D y f, D y 2 f) when boundary values off(x,y) are given along the sides of the rectangle in thexy-plane whose corners are at the points (a,b); (a+(n+1)k,b); (a+(n+1)k,b+(n+1)h); (a,b+(n+1)h).
- Buckingham, R. A.,Numerical Methods, Pitman, London 1957, ch. 15, p. 503.
- Wynn, P.,Acceleration Techniques for Iterated Vector and Matrix Problems, Maths. of Comp., to appear.
- Note on the solution of a certain boundary-value problem
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 61-64
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- P. Wynn (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands