Polish Sociology Citation Index (principles for creation and the first results)
- Berenika M. Winclawska
- … show all 1 hide
The author discusses inefficiencies of Garfield'sSocial Sciences Citation Index to measure quality of a discipline in a national context. She proposes an alternative measurement tool to the Garfield's index. The example of sociology was selected; an index of Polish sociology was created and data from it was compared with data retrieved from the SSCI. The two sets were compared to show greater “sensitivity” of the locally created index.
- M. Sozanska, “Indesky cytowań bibliograficznych. Referat na seminarium Biblioteki Glównej WSP w Krakowie” (Bibliographic citation indexes. A lecture in a seminar at the Main Library at the WSP in Kraków). Manuscript, 1993, p. 6.
- H. Bonheim, The reception of Polish philology abroad,Scientometrics, 26 (1993) 243–250.
- R. Hagendijk, A.A.M. Prins, Referenties en reverences,Mens en Maatschappij, 59 (1984) 226–250.
- H.Ch. Hobohm, “Sharing Resources in European Social Sciences Information: the ESIS Project”. The paper was given at the conference Social Science Information Needs and Provision in a Changing Europe in Berlin on 11–13 November 1994.
- Interesting research can be done by comparing SSCI and PSCI. For instance, it was discovered that between 1980 and 1989 world sociologists cited Marx and Engels relatively more often than Polish sociologists.
- Polish Sociology Citation Index (principles for creation and the first results)
Volume 35, Issue 3 , pp 387-391
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Main Library Nicholas Copernicus University, Ul. Gagarina 13 87-100, Torun, Poland