Second-order accurate difference method for the singularly perturbed problem of fourth-order ordinary differential equations
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, we construct a uniform second-order difference scheme for a class of boundary value problems of fourth-order ordinary differential equations. Finally, a numerical example is given.
- Sun Qi-ren, Uniformly convergent difference method for a class of singular perturbation problem of fourth-order quasilinear ordinary differential equation,Proceedings of MMM, Shanghai (1987).
- Il'in, A. M., Differencing scheme for a differential equation with a small parameter affecting the highest derivative,Math. Notes Acad. Sci. USSR.,6 (1969), 569–602.
- Doolan, E. P. J. J. H. Miller and W. H. A. Schilders,Uniform Numerical Methods for Problems with Initial and Boundary Layers, Boole Press, Dublin (1980).
- Stynes, M. and E. O'Riordan, A uniform accurate finite element method for a singular perturbation problem in conservative form,SIAM J. Numer.Anal.,23, 2, (1986), 369–375. CrossRef
- O'Riordan, E. and M. Stynes, An analysis of a superconvergence result for a singularly perturbed boundary value problem,Math. Comp.,46, 173 (1986), 81–92.
- Second-order accurate difference method for the singularly perturbed problem of fourth-order ordinary differential equations
Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Volume 11, Issue 5 , pp 463-468
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors