The nuclei of natural cloud formation part II: The supersaturation in natural clouds and the variation of cloud droplet concentration
- Dr. S. Twomey
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Calculations are performed to determine the time variation of supersaturation during cloud formation. It is shown that a simple expression can be used to obtain the maximum supersaturation (and hence the number of nuclei activated) as a function of updraught velocity and nucleus spectra insert omitted portion of copy reported in Part 1 and it isshown that they lead to cloud droplet concentrations which agree with those actually observed.
- Squires P.: Aust. J. Sci. Res.A, vol. 5, 59 (1952).
- Squires, P.: Tellus, vol. 10, 256–271 (1958).
- The nuclei of natural cloud formation part II: The supersaturation in natural clouds and the variation of cloud droplet concentration
Geofisica pura e applicata
Volume 43, Issue 1 , pp 243-249
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Dr. S. Twomey (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. C.S.I.R.O., Division of Radiophysics, University Grounds, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia