Thermal behaviour of some sugar alcohols
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The glass transition of isomalt and its components, the enthalpy of solution (crystalline state, glassy state) and the enthalpy of melting are reported. From the measured data (solution enthalpy, enthalpy of fusion and heat capacities) a cycle like the BORN-HABER cycle can be constructed. It is possible to calculate the amounts of amorphous isomalt from measured solution enthalpies; however, the values obtained do not agree with those provided by X-ray powder diffraction studies.
- H. K. Cammenga and B. Zielasko, Thermochim. Acta, in press.
- Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V. (1994): DIN 51007 — Differenzthermoanalyse (DTA), Beuth Verlag, Berlin.
- A. Raemy and T. F. Schweizer, J. Thermal Anal., 28 (1983) 95.
- M. H. Pikal, A. L. Lukes and J. E. Lang, J. Pharm. Sci., 67 (1978) 767.
- Thermal behaviour of some sugar alcohols
Journal of thermal analysis
Volume 47, Issue 2 , pp 427-434
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- sugar alcohols
- Industry Sectors