Simultaneous fluorometric assay of histamine and histidine in biological fluid using an automated analyser
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A sensitive fluorometric method for the assay of histamine and histidine was developed. The method allows for the automated simultaneous assay of the release of these substances from tissue and blood cell preparations in immune and non-immune reactions. The sensitivity for histamine and histidine were 0.5 ng and 10 ng per ml respectively. The assay procedure for histidine, however, was not as specific as that for histamine.
- P.A. Shore, A. Bukkhalter andV.H. Cohn,A method for the fluorometric assay of histamine in tissues, J. Pharmac. Exp. Ther.127, 182–186 (1959).
- F. Ruff, A. Saindelle, E. Dutripon andJ.L. Parrot,Continuous automatic fluorometric evaluation of total blood histamine, Nature214, 279–281 (1967).
- R.P. Siraganian,Refinements in the automated fluorometric histamine analysis system, J. Immun. Meth.7, 283–289 (1975). CrossRef
- S. Udenfriend, InFluorometric Assay in Biology and Medicine, vol. 1–2, chap. 14. Academic Press, New York 1969.
- E.S.K. Assem andM.K. McAllen,Changes in challenge test following hyposensitization with mite extract. Clinical Allergy3, 161–175 (1973).
- I. Vugman andM. Rocha e Silva, Biological determination of histamine in living tissues and body fluids. InHistamine and Antihistaminics! Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, 18/1, pp. 81–115, (Ed.M. Rocha e Silva) Springer-Verlag 1966.
- E.S.K. Assem, Drug allergy. InTextbook of Adverse Drug Reactions, pp. 534–568 (Ed.D.M. Davies) Oxford University Press, 1981.
- W. Lorenz, A. Doenicke, B. Schõning andE. Neugebauer, The role of histamine in adverse reactions to intravenous agents. InMonographs in Anaesthesiology, vol. 8, pp. 169–238 (Ed.J.A. Thornton). Excerpta Medica, Elsevier/North Holland Biomedical Press, Oxford 1981.
- R.W. Schayer, Biogenesis of histamine. InHistamine II and Antihistaminics. Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, 18/2, pp. 109–129 (Ed.M. Rocha e Silva) Springer-Verlag 1980.
- Simultaneous fluorometric assay of histamine and histidine in biological fluid using an automated analyser
Agents and Actions
Volume 12, Issue 1-2 , pp 26-29
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors