A one-way, stackless quicksort algorithm
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This note describes a sorting technique that is similar to the well-known “quicksort” method, but it is undirectional and avoids recursion. The new approach, which assumes that the keys to be sorted are positive numbers, leads to a much shorter program.
- Hoare, C. A. R. (1962) Quicksort. The Computer Journal 5: pp. 10-15 CrossRef
- Knuth, Donald E. (1975) The Art of Computer Programming. Sorting and Searching. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass.
- Sedgewick, Robert (1980) Quicksort. Garland Publishing Company, New York City
- A one-way, stackless quicksort algorithm
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 26, Issue 1 , pp 127-130
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors