A one-way, stackless quicksort algorithm
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This note describes a sorting technique that is similar to the well-known “quicksort” method, but it is undirectional and avoids recursion. The new approach, which assumes that the keys to be sorted are positive numbers, leads to a much shorter program.
- C. A. R. Hoare,Quicksort, The Computer Journal 5 (1962), 10–15. CrossRef
- Donald E. Knuth,The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 3:Sorting and Searching. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1975 (second printing).
- Robert Sedgewick,Quicksort. New York City: Garland Publishing Company, 1980.
- A one-way, stackless quicksort algorithm
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 26, Issue 1 , pp 127-130
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors