A stability property of implicit Runge-Kutta methods
- J. C. Butcher
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A class of implicit Runge-Kutta methods is shown to possess a stability property which is a natural extension of the notion ofA-stability for non-linear systems.
- G. Dahlquist,Error Analysis for a Class of Methods for Stiff Non-linear Initial Value Problems, to be published in the Proceedings of the Conference on Numerical Analysis, Dundee, 1975.
- J. C. Butcher,Implicit Runge-Kutta Processes, Math. Comp. 18 (1964), 50–64.
- B. L. Ehle,On Padé Approximation to the Exponential Function and A-stable Methods for the Numerical Solution of Initial Value Problems Research Report CSRR 2010, Dept. AACS, University of Waterloo.
- F. H. Chipman,A-stable Runge-Kutta Processes, BIT 11 (1971), 384–388.
- A stability property of implicit Runge-Kutta methods
BIT Numerical Mathematics
Volume 15, Issue 4 , pp 358-361
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- J. C. Butcher (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand