4-Isothiocyanato-4′-nitrodiphenylamine (C9333-Go/CGP 4540) an anthelminthic with an unusual spectrum of activity against intestinal nematodes, filariae and schistosomes
- H. P. Striebel
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
4-isothiocyanato-4′-nitrodiphenylamine was found to possess activity against intestinal nematodes in mice, against schistosomes in various hosts including primates and against two filarial species in the mongolian jird. Upon administration in a single oral dose it is equally effective againstS. haematobium, S. mansoni andS. japonicum.
- These were prepared in the Research Department of Ciba-Geigy Agrochemicals Division, basle, and in the Chemical Laboratories of Ciba-Geigy Research Centre, Goregaon. C 9333-Go/CGP 4540 was synthesized in the former laboratories byDr. P. Brenneisen.
- E. Bueding, R. Batzinger andG. Petterson, Experientia32, in press (1976).
- Laemmler, G. (1964) Z. tropenmed. Parasit. 15: pp. 337
- Striebel, H. P. (1969) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 160: pp. 491
- Foster, R., Cheetham, B. L. (1973) Trans. R. Soc. trop. Med. Hyg. 67: pp. 674 CrossRef
- Foster, R., Cheetham, B. L., King, D. F. (1973) Trans. R. Soc. trop. Med. Hyg. 67: pp. 685 CrossRef
- H. G. Sen, Acta trop.33, in press (1976).
- 4-Isothiocyanato-4′-nitrodiphenylamine (C9333-Go/CGP 4540) an anthelminthic with an unusual spectrum of activity against intestinal nematodes, filariae and schistosomes
Volume 32, Issue 4 , pp 457-458
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- H. P. Striebel (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Rescarch Department, Pharmaceuticals Division, Ciba-Geigy Ltd., CH-4002, Basel, Switzerland