Capacities and geometric transformations of subsets inn-space
- V. N. Dubinin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Generalized capacity of a set and condenser is introduced as a lower bound of the functionalI(v), provided with some symmetrical features where functionv satisfies certain normalizing conditions. It is established that, depending on the type of symmetry of the functionalI(v), the generalized capacity does not increase under such geometric transformations of sets and condensers as polarization, Gonchar standardization, Steinerk-dimensional symmetrization,k-dimensional spherical symmetrization and dissymmetrization. These results strengthen many known statements of this kind for the particular cases of capacities.
- G. Choquet, Theory of capacities, Ann. Inst. Fourier V (1953–54), 131–295.
- V.G. Maz'ya, Sobolev Spaces (in Russian), Leningrad, 1985 (English transl., Springer, 1986).
- V.M. Gol'dstein, Yu.G. Reshetnyak, Introduction to the Theory of Functions with Generalized Derivatives and Quasiconformal Mappings (in Russian), Izdat. Nauka’, Moscow, 1983.
- G. Pólya, G. Szegö, Isoperimetric Inequalities in Mathematical Physics, Princeton University Press, Princeton N.J., 1951.
- V.N. Dubinin, Transformation of condensers in space (in Russian), Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 296 (1987), 18–20; English transl. in Soviet Math. Dokl. 36 (1988), 217–219.
- P.M. Tamrazov, Capacities of condensers. The method of mixing signed measures (in Russian), Mat. Sb. 115 (1981), 40–73; English transl. in Math. USSR Sb. 43 (1982), 33–62.
- J. Sarvas, Symmetrization of condensers inn-space, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. AI 522 (1972), 1–44.
- V.N. Dubinin, On the change of harmonic measure under symmetrization (in Russian), Mat. Sb. 124 (1984), 272–279; English transl. in Math. USSR Sb. 52 (1985), 267–273.
- G.H. Hardy, J.E. Littlewood, G. Pólya, Inequalities, Cambridge University Press, London, 1951.
- V.N. Dubinin, Transformations of condensers inn-space (in Russian), Zap. Nauch. Sem. St. Petersburg, Otdel. Mat. Inst. Steklov. (POMI) 196 (1991), 41–60.
- V. Wolontis, Properties of conformal invariants, Amer. J. Math. 74 (1952), 587–606.
- V.N. Dubinin, Transformation of functions and Dirichlet's principle (in Russian), Math Zametki 38 (1985), 49–55; English transl. in Math. Notes 38 (1985), 539–542.
- H. Yamamoto, On a certain inequality of condenser capacities in ℝ d , Mem. Fac. Sci. Kochi Univ. (Math) 9 (1988), 59–63.
- B.E. Levitskii,K-symmetrization and extremal rings (in Russian), Math. Anal. Kuban State Univ. Krasnodar (1971), 35–40.
- A. Baernstein, Dubinin's symmetrization theorem, Lecture Notes in Math. Springer-Verlag 1275 (1987), 23–30.
- K. Haliste, On an extremal configuration for capacity, Ark. f. Mat. 27 (1989), 97–104.
- Capacities and geometric transformations of subsets inn-space
Geometric & Functional Analysis GAFA
Volume 3, Issue 4 , pp 342-369
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- V. N. Dubinin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Applied Mathematics, Vladivostok, Russia