On the completeness of Hu Hai chang's solution
- Wang Min-zhong
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, the completeness of Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved in the case of convex regions in z-direction under a supplementary condition. On the other hand, for those non-convex regions in z-direction, Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved to be incomplete.
- Mindlin, R., Note on the Galerkin and Papkovitch stress functions.Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 42 (1936) 373–376.
- Hu Hai-chang, On the three-dimensional problems of the theory of elasticity of a transversely isotropic body,Journal of Academia Sinica (Beijing), 2 (1953).
- Muki, Asymmetric problems of the theory of elasticity for a semi-infinite solid and a thick plane,Progress in Solid Mechanics, I (ed. by Sneddon and Hill) (1960).
- Eubanks, R. A., and Sternberg, E., On the completeness of the Papkovitch stress function.J. Rational Mech. Anal., 5 (1956), 735–746.
- Kellogg, O. D., Foundations of Potential Theory, Berling, Springer, (1929), 260.
- Slobodyansky, M. G., On the general and complete form of solutions of the equations of elasticity (in Russian).Prac. Math. Mech. 23 (1959), 468–482.
- On the completeness of Hu Hai chang's solution
Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Volume 2, Issue 2 , pp 265-272
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Wang Min-zhong (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mechanics, Beijing University, Beijing