On the completeness of Hu Hai chang's solution
- Wang Min-zhong
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper, the completeness of Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved in the case of convex regions in z-direction under a supplementary condition. On the other hand, for those non-convex regions in z-direction, Hu Hai-chang's solution is proved to be incomplete.
- Mindlin, R. (1936) Note on the Galerkin and Papkovitch stress functions. Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 42: pp. 373-376
- Hu Hai-chang, On the three-dimensional problems of the theory of elasticity of a transversely isotropic body,Journal of Academia Sinica (Beijing), 2 (1953).
- Muki, Asymmetric problems of the theory of elasticity for a semi-infinite solid and a thick plane,Progress in Solid Mechanics, I (ed. by Sneddon and Hill) (1960).
- Eubanks, R. A., Sternberg, E. (1956) On the completeness of the Papkovitch stress function. J. Rational Mech. Anal. 5: pp. 735-746
- Kellogg, O. D. (1929) Foundations of Potential Theory. Springer, Berling
- Slobodyansky, M. G. (1959) On the general and complete form of solutions of the equations of elasticity (in Russian). Prac. Math. Mech. 23: pp. 468-482
- On the completeness of Hu Hai chang's solution
Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Volume 2, Issue 2 , pp 265-272
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Wang Min-zhong (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mechanics, Beijing University, Beijing