The value of vindictiveness
- Karen Horney
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Read before the Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis at the New York Academy of Medicine, Mar. 24, 1948.
M.D. University of Berlin, 1914; Dean, American Institute for Psychoanalysis; Practising psychoanalyst; Lecturer; Author.
- Ruth Benedict,The Chrysanthemum and the Sword, 1946.
- Harold Kelman spoke of a vindictive way of life in reference to traumatic neuroses in his paper, “The Traumatic Syndrome”,Am. J. Psychoanal. Vol. VI, 1946.
- Cf. Muriel Ivimey, “Compulsive Assaultiveness”, summarized inAm. J. Psychoanal. Vol. VII, 1947.
- Cf. Sigmund Freud,The Ego and the Id, 1927. Karen Horney, “The Problem of the Negative Therapeutic Reaction”,Psychoanal. Quart. Vol. V, No. 1, 1936. Muriel Ivimey, “Negative Therapeutic Reaction”,Am. J. Psychoanal. Vol. VIII, 1948.
- The value of vindictiveness
The American Journal of Psychoanalysis
Volume 8, Issue 1 , pp 3-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links