On a matroid defined by ear-decompositions of graphs
- Zoltán Szigeti
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A. Frank described in  an algorithm to determine the minimum number of edges in a graph G whose contraction leaves a factor-critical graph and he asked if there was an algorithm for the weighted version of the problem. We prove that the minimal critical-making edge-sets form the bases of a matroid and hence the matroid greedy algorithm gives rise to the desired algorithm.
- A. Frank: Conservative weightings and ear-decompositions of graphs,Combinatorica,13 (1) (1993), 65–81. CrossRef
- L. Lovász, andM. D. Plummer:Matching Theory, Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1986.
- A. Recski:Matroid Theory and its Applications in Electric Network Theory and in Statics, Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 1989.
- Z. Szigeti: On ear-decompositions and critical-making sets, 1992, (in Hungarian).
- Z. Szigeti: On Lovász's Cathedral Theorem,Proceedings of the Third Conference on Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization, eds.: G. Rinaldi and L. A. Wolsey, 1993, 413–423.
- Z. Szigeti: Conservative weightings of graphs, Ph. D. thesis, 1994.
- On a matroid defined by ear-decompositions of graphs
Volume 16, Issue 2 , pp 233-241
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- 05 C 70
- 05 C 75
- Industry Sectors
- Zoltán Szigeti (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Operations Research, Eötvös University, H-1088, Budapest, Hungary