A better performance guarantee for approximate graph coloring
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Approximate graph coloring takes as input a graph and returns a legal coloring which is not necessarily optimal. We improve the performance guarantee, or worst-case ratio between the number of colors used and the minimum number of colors possible, toO(n(log logn)3/(logn)3), anO(logn/log logn) factor better than the previous best-known result.
- Garey, M. R., and Johnson, D. S., The complexity of near-optimal graph coloring,J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,23 (1976), 43–49.
- Johnson, D. S., Worst-case behavior of graph-coloring algorithms,Proc. 5th South-Eastern Conf. on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing, Utilitas Mathematica, Winnipeg, 1974, pp. 513–528.
- Linial, N., Saks, M., and Wigderson, A., personal communication.
- Raghavan, P., personal communication.
- Wigderson, A., Improving the performance guarantee of approximate graph coloring,J. Assoc. Comput. Mach.,30 (1983), 729–735.
- A better performance guarantee for approximate graph coloring
Volume 5, Issue 1-4 , pp 459-466
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Approximation algorithms
- Graph coloring
- Performance guarantee
- Industry Sectors