Reduction of multi-photon ionization in dielectrics due to collisions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The collisional effect due to the multi-photon ionization process in dielectric material has been studied. We found that the breakdown threshold of fused silica is the same for both linearly and circularly polarized light at 55 fs and 100 fs, which we believe is an indication of the suppression of multi-photon ionization in solids. By numerically solving the time-dependent Schrödinger equation with scattering, for the first time, we have observed substantial reduction of the multi-photon ionization rate in dielectrics due to collisions.
- G.S. Voronov, N.B. Delone; JETP Lett,1, (2), 42 (1965).
- See papers inMultiphoton Ionization of Atoms, ed. by S.L. Chin and P. Lambropulos also in Atoms in Intense Laser Fields, ed. by M. Gavrila (Academic Press, New York, 1992) Academic Press, New York 1984).
- G. Petite, J. Morrelec, D. Normand: J. Physique40,115 (1979)
- P. Agostini, F. Fabre, G. Mainfray, G. Petite, N.K. Rahman: Phys. Rev. Lett.42, 1127 (1979)
- P. Kruit, J. Kimman, H.G. Muller, M.J. van de Wiel: Phys. Rev. A28, 248 (1983).
- R.R. Freeman, P.H. Bucksbaum, H. Milchberg, S. Darack, D. Schumacher, M.E. Geusic: Phys. Rev. Lett.59, 1092 (1987)
- L.V. Keldysh: Sov. Phys. JETP20, 1307 (1965)
- F.H.M. Faisal: J. Phys. B: Atom. Molec. Phys.6, L89 (1973)
- H.R. Reiss: Phys. Rev. A22, 1786 (1980)
- K. Kulander: Phys. Rev. A35, 445 (1987)
- Q. Su, J. Eberly: Phys. Rev. A43, 2474 (1991)
- D. Du, X. Liu, G. Korn, J. Squier, G. Mourou: Appl. Phys. Lett.64, 3071 (1994)
- D. Du, J. Squier, S. Kane, G. Kane, G. Korn, G. Mourou, C. Bogusch, C. Cotton: Opt. Lett. (accepted for publication)
- K.K. Thornber: J. Appl. Phys.52, 279 (1981)
- L.A. Lompé, G. Mainfray, C. Manus, J. Thebault: Phys. Rev. A44, 1859 (1977)
- Y. Gontier, M. Trahin: Phys. Rev. A7, 2069 (1973)
- S.E. Koonin, K.T.R. Davies, V. Maruhn-Rezwani, H. Feldmeier, S.J. Krieger, J.W. Negele: Phys. Rev. C15, 1359 (1977)
- M.V. Fischetti, D.J. DiMaria: Solid-State Electron.31 (3/4) 629 (1988)
- Reduction of multi-photon ionization in dielectrics due to collisions
Applied Physics B
Volume 63, Issue 6 , pp 617-621
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors