Unitary similarity of projectors
- Dragomir Ž Doković
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We deal with linear operators acting in a finite dimensional complex Hilbert space. We show that there exists a simple canonical form for projectors (not necessarily orthogonal) under unitary similarity. As a consequence we obtain a simple test for unitary similarity of projectors. IfP is a projector we show thatP andP * are unitarily similar. We also determine the isomorphism type of the algebra generated by the projectorsP andP *.
- Bhattacharya, R. andMukherjea, K.,On unitary similarity of matrices, Linear Algebra and its Appl.126 (1989), 95–105. CrossRef
- Herstein, I. N., “Noncommutative Rings”, Carus Math. Monograph No. 15, Math. Assoc. Amer. 1968.
- Pearcy, C.,A complete set of unitary invariants for operators generating finite W *-algebras of type I, Pacific J. Math.12 (1962), 1405–1414.
- Unitary similarity of projectors
Volume 42, Issue 1 , pp 220-224
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, N2L 3G1, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada