Common solutions of the einstein and Brans-Dicke theories
- B. O. J. Tupper
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown that non-trivial solutions common to the vacuum field equations of the Einstein and of the Brans-Dicke theories necessarily representpp-waves and the set of all common solutions is precisely the set of allpp-wave solutions of the Einstein equations. The form of the associated scalar field is found and is shown to be singular when ω<−1.
- Brans, C. and Dicke, R. H. (1961).Physical Review,124, 925.
- Ehlers, J. and Kundt, W. (1962).Gravitation: An Introduction to Current Research (Ed. L. Witten). Wiley, New York.
- Horndeski, G. W. (1973). Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo.
- Kundt, W. (1961).Zeitschrift für Physik,163, 77.
- Newman, E. T. and Penrose, R. (1962).Journal of Mathematical Physics,3, 566.
- O'Hanlon, J. and Tupper, B. O. J. (1972).Il Nuovo Cimento,7B, 305.
- Common solutions of the einstein and Brans-Dicke theories
International Journal of Theoretical Physics
Volume 11, Issue 5 , pp 353-356
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- B. O. J. Tupper (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, N.B., Canada