Geometry of the de-Sitter universe
- Eric A. Lord
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
By making use of the fact that the de-Sitter metric corresponds to a hyperquadric in a five-dimensional flat space, it is shown that the three Robertson-Walker metrics for empty spacetime and positive cosmological constant, corresponding to 3-space of positive, negative and zero curvative, are geometrically equivalent. The 3-spaces correspond to intersections of the hyperquadric by hyperplanes, and the time-like geodesics perpendicular to them correspond to intersections by planes, in all three cases.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Adler, R., Bazin, M. and Schiffer, M. (1965).Introduction to General Relativity. McGraw-Hill.
- Bondi, H. (1960).Cosmology, 2nd Ed. Cambridge University Press.
- Fock, V. (1964).The Theory of Space, Time and Gravitation. Pergamon.
- Hoyle, F. and Narlikar, J. V. (1963).Proceedings of the Royal Society,A273, 1.
About this Article
- Geometry of the de-Sitter universe
International Journal of Theoretical Physics
Volume 9, Issue 2 , pp 117-127
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Eric A. Lord (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-12, India