On equilibria in finite games
- Dr. V. Bubelis
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We are concerned with Nash equilibrium points forn-person games. It is proved that, given any real algebraic numberα, there exists a 3-person game with rational data which has a unique equilibrium point andα is the equilibrium payoff for some player. We also present a method which allows us to reduce an arbitraryn-person game to a 3-person one, so that a number of questions about generaln-person games can be reduced to consideration of the special 3-person case. Finally, a completely mixed game, where the equilibrium set is a manifold of dimension one, is constructed.
- Bubelis, V. (1974) A Note on Structure of Equilibrium Point in Finite Non-Cooperative Games. Mathematical Methods in Social Sciences 4: pp. 37-42
- Bubelis, V. (1976) A Game with no Basic Equilibrium points. Mathematical Methods in Social Sciences 7: pp. 9-16
- -: Relation of Non-Cooperative N-Person Games to Three-Person Games. Contemporary Directions in Game Theory. Ed. by E. Vilkas and A. Korbut. Vilnius 1976, 18–24 (Russian).
- Chin, H.H., Parthasarathy, T., Raghavan, T.E.S. (1974) Structure of Equilibria inN-Person Non-Cooperative Games. Int. J. Game Theory 3: pp. 1-19
- Gale, D., H.W. Kuhn, andA.W. Tucker: On Symmetric Games. Contributions to the Theory of Games, I. Ed. by H.W. Kuhn and A.W. Tucker. Princeton 1950, 81–87.
- Lemke, C.E., Howson, J.T. (1964) Equilibrium Points in Bimatrix Games. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 12: pp. 413-423
- Nash, J.F., andL.S. Shapley: A Simple Three-Person Poker Game. Contributions to the Theory of Games, I. Ed. by H.W. Kuhn and A.W. Tucker. Princeton 1950, 105–116.
- On equilibria in finite games
International Journal of Game Theory
Volume 8, Issue 2 , pp 65-79
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Dr. V. Bubelis (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, Lenino pr. 3, 232600, Vilnius, USSR