Transference and covenant in pastoral care
- Dr. Richard L. Hester Ph.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Transference raises issues in pastoral care which covenant addresses. Through transference one tames the terrors of life and death. Transference also provides a basis for healing in pastoral relationships. Transference must be managed so that it does not result in idolatry but rather points the helpee beyond attachment to the minister and toward dependence upon God. Covenant provides theological guidance for transcending transference. This covenant involves the pastor-helpee relationship, commitment to God as a third party, and accountability to the covenant community.
- Transference and covenant in pastoral care
Volume 28, Issue 4 , pp 223-232
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, 27587, Wake Forest, North Carolina