Equal access vs. Selective access: A critique of public goods theory
- Kenneth D. Goldin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The author thanks Gordon Tullock and an unidentified referee for comments on an earlier draft.
- Blum, Walter J. and Kalven, Harry, Jr.,The Uneasy Case for Progressive Taxation, Chicago: Univ. of Chicago, 1953.
- Buchanan, James M. “Notes for an Economic Theory of Socialism.”Public Choice, 8 (Spring, 1970), 29–43.
- Cheung, Steven N. S. “The Fable of the Bees: An Economic Investigation.”Jour. Law Econ., 16 (April, 1973), 11–33.
- Coase, R. H., “The Lighthouse in Economics.”Jour. Law Econ., 17 (Oct. 1974), 101–28.
- Dales, J. H.Pollution, Property and Prices. Toronto: Univ. Toronto, 1968.
- Goldin, Kenneth D. “Price Externalities Influence Public Policy.”Public Choice, 23 (Fall 1975), 1–10.
- ——. “Roads and Recreation.”Land Econ., 48 (May, 1972), 114–24.
- Head, John G. and Shoup, Carl S. “Public Goods, Private Goods, and Ambiguous Goods.”Econ. Journ., 79 (Sept. 1969), 567–72.
- MacCallum, Spencer. “The Social Nature of Ownership.:Modern Age, 9 (Winter, 1964–65), 49–61.
- Mansfield, EdwinMicroeconomics, (2nd Edition). New York: Norton, 1975.
- Musgrave, Richard A. and Musgrave, Peggy B.Public Finance in Theory and Practice, (2nd Edition). New York: McGraw-Hill, 1976.
- Samuelson Paul A. “The Pure Theory of Public Expenditure.”Rev. Econ. Stat., 36 (Nov. 1954), 387–89.
- —— “Diagrammatic Exposition of a Theory of Public Expenditure.”Rev. Econ. Stat. 37 (Nov. 1955), 350–56.
- —— “Pure Theory of Public Expenditure and Taxation,” in Margolis, J. and Guitton, H. (eds.).Public Economics: An Analysis of Public Production and Consumption and their Relations to the Private Sectors: Proceedings of a Conference held by the International Economics Association. London: Macmillan, 1969.
- Spann, Robert M. “Collective Consumption of Private Goods.”Public Choice, 20 (Winter, 1974), 63–81.
- Thompson, Earl A. “Taxation and National Defense.”Jour. Pol. Econ., (July-Aug. 1974), 755–82.
- Tullock, Gordon.Private Wants, Public Means. New York: Basic, 1970.
- ——.The Logic of the Law. New York: Basic, 1971.
- Vicker, Ray. “Our Man in Beirut Finds Only Fatalism Amid Chaos, Danger.”Wall Street Journal, 94 (Mar. 17, 1976), 1, 29.
- West, E. G. “The Political Economy of American Public School Legislation.”Jour. Law Econ., 10 (Oct. 1967), 101–28.
- Equal access vs. Selective access: A critique of public goods theory
Volume 29, Issue 1 , pp 53-71
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. California State University, Fullerton