Pricing public goods
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The authors are economist, Data Resources, Inc., Lexington, Massachusetts and Professor of Agricultural Economics Purdue University. Purdue University Agricultural Experiment Station Journal Paper No. 5682. R. L. Thompson, W. L. Miller and R. W. Taylor made a number of constructive suggestions on an earlier draft of this paper.
- Aronson, E. and Carlsmith, J. M. “Experimentation in Social Psychology”.Handbook of Social Psychology, edited by G. Lindsey and E. Aronson. Reading: Addison-Wesley, 1968.
- Buchanan, J. M. “A Public Choice Approach to Public Utility Pricing”.Public Choice 5 (Fall 1968): 1–18.
- Clarke, Edward H. “Multipart Pricing of Public Goods”.Public Choice 11 (Fall 1971): 17–33.
- Friedman, J. W. “On Experimental Research in Oligopoly”.Review of Economic Studies 36 (October 1969): 399–416.
- Head, J. G. and Shoup, C. S. “Public Goods, Private Goods and Ambiguous Goods”.The Economic Journal 79 (September 1969): 567–572.
- Loehman, Edna and Whinston, Andrew “A New Theory of Pricing and Decision-Making for Public Investment”.The Bell Journal of Economics and Management Science 2 (Fall 1972): 606–625.
- Musgrave, RichardThe Theory of Public Finance. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1959.
- Ruggles, Nancy “The Welfare Basis of the Marginal Cost Pricing Principle”.Review of Economic Studies 17 (1949–50): 29–46.
- Samuelson, P. A. “Pure Theory of Public Expenditures”.Review of Economics and Statistics 36 (November 1954): 387–389.
- Scherr, Bruce A. “An Experimental Study of Decision-Making in Pricing Public Goods”. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis. Lafayette: Purdue University Library, 1974.
- Pricing public goods
Volume 23, Issue 1 , pp 35-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors