December 1987, Volume 39, Issue 6, pp 939-944
Organochlorine and PCB residues in Lake Erie mink populations
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Albros PW, Fishbein P (1972) Intestinal absorption of polychlorinated biphenyls in rats. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 8:26.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK (1970) Some effects of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides on mink. Am Fur Breed 43:10–11.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK, Polin D (1972) Rate of accumulation of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides residues in adipose tissue of mink. Can J Zool 50:1167–1173.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK, Iwamoto S (1973) Reproductive failure and mortality in mink fed on Great Lakes fish. J Reprod Fert Suppl 19:365.
- Bleavins MR, Alerich RJ, Ringer RK (1984) Effects of chronic dietary hexachlorobenzene exposure on the reproductive performance and survivability of mink and European ferrets. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 13:357–365.
- Dixon WJ, Massey FJ Jr (1969) Introduction to statistical analysis. McGraw-Hill Inc., 3rd ed. NY, 638 pp.
- Duby RJ (1970) Pesticidesvs reproduction still a puzzle. Am Fur Breed 43:15.
- Frank R, Van Hove Holdrinet M, Suda P (1979) Organochlorine and mercury residues in wild mammals in southern Ontario, Canada 1973–74. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 22:500–507.
- Franson JC, Dahm PA, Wing LD (1974) Chlorinated hydrocarbon insecticide residues in adipose, liver, and brain samples from Iowa mink. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 11:379–385.
- Hornshaw TC, Aulerich RJ, Johnson HE (1983) Feeding Great Lakes fish to mink: effects on mink and accumulation and elimination of PCBs by mink. J Toxicol Environ Health 11:933–946.
- Jensen S, Kihlström JE, Olsson N, Lundberg C, Orberg J (1977) Effects of PCB and DDT on mink (Mustela vison) during the reproductive season. Ambio 6:239.
- Norstrom RJ, Hallett DJ, Sonstegard RA (1978) Coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) and herring gulls (Larus argentatus) as indicators of Organochlorine contamination in Lake Ontario. J Fish Res Board Can. 35:1401–1409.
- Norstrom RJ, Won WT, Van Hove Holdrinet M, Calway PG, Naftel CD (1980) Gas-liquid chromatographic determination of mirex and photomirex in the presence of polychlorinated biphenyls: inter-laboratory study. J Assoc Off Anal Chem 63:37–42.
- O'Shea TJ, Kaiser TE, Askins GR, Chapman JA (1981) Polychlorinated biphenyls in a wild mink population. World Fur Conf Proc, Chapman JA, Pursley D, eds, Aug 3–11, 1980, Frostburg, Maryland, pp. 1746–1751.
- Platonow NS, Karstad LH (1973) Dietary effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on mink. Can J Comp Med 37:391–400.
- Reynolds LM, Cooper T (1975) Analysis of organochlorine residues in fish. Water Qual Param ASTM STP 573:196–205.
- Ringer RK, Aulerich RJ, Zabik M (1972) Effect of dietary polychlorinated biphenyls on growth and reproduction of mink. Am Chem Soc 12:149–154.
- Sherburne JA, Dimond JB (1969) DDT persistence in wild hares and mink. J Wildl Manage 33:944–948.
- Organochlorine and PCB residues in Lake Erie mink populations
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 39, Issue 6 , pp 939-944
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. 34 Donjeux, J6Z 3C5, Lorraine, Quebec, Canada
- 3. Canadian Wildlife Service, Canada Center for Inland Waters, 867 Lakeshore Road, L7R 4A6, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- 4. Canadian Wildlife Service, Toxic Chemicals Program Section, National Wildlife Research Center, 100 Gamelin Blvd., K1A OE7, Hull, Quebec, Canada
- 5. Ontario Region Water Resources Branch, Inland Waters Directorate, 75 Farquhar St., N1H 3N4, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- 6. Canadian Wildlife Service, Toxic Chemicals Program Section, National Wildlife Research Center, 100 Gamelin Blvd., K1AOE7, Hull, Quebec, Canada
- 7. Canadian Wildlife Service, Canada Center for Inland Waters, 867 Lakeshore Road, L7R 4A6, Burlington, Ontario, Canada