The process of sub-culture propagation among Japanese macaques
- Syunzo Kawamura
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Bolwig, N., 1959. A study of behavior of the Chacma baboon, Behaviour, 14, 136–163.
- Cassiler, E., 1944. An essay on man—an introduction to a philosophy of human culture, New York, 237 pp.
- Imanishi, K., 1952. Evolution of the humanity, Ningen, Mainichi Library, Tokyo, 36–94. (in Japanese)
- —— 1958. Identification: a process of enculturation in the sub-human society of Macaca fuscata, Primates, 1(1), 1–29. (in Japanese)
- —— 1960. Bird, monkey and human. — is it possible to build a general theory to support “identification”? Jinbun Gakuho, 10, 1–24. (in Japanese)
- Itani, J., 1956. The food habits of the Japanese monkeys in Takasakiyama. Print by Primates Research Groop, 3, 14pp. (in Japanese)
- —— 1958. On the acquisition and propagation of a new food habit in the natural group of the Japanese monkey at Takasakiyama. Primates, 1(2), 84–98. (in Japanese)
- ——, 1953. Development and mother-baby relationship of Japanese monkey. Physiol. and Ecol., 5 (3–4), 42–51. (in Japanese)
- Kawamura, S., 1954. A new type of action expressed in feeding behavior of Japanese monkey in its wild habitat, Organic Evolut., 2 (1), 10–13. (in Japanese)
- —— 1956. Prehuman culture. Sizen, 11 (11) 28–34. (in Japanese)
- --. 1957 a. Japanese deer in Nara park. Social life of animals, in K. Imanishi (Ed.), 4, 1–165. (in Japanese)
- --. 1957 b. Field studies on social life of primates in Japan. Read in the 9th Pacific Science Congress, Bangkok, 7pp. (In print)
- —— 1958. Cultural behaviors in Japanese monkey, Biol. Sci., 10, Supplem., 17–20. (in Japanese)
- --. 1959. Social and behavioral individualities among mammals. Society and Individual in Animals, in K. Imanishi (Ed.), 16–30, Tokyo. (in Japanese)
- King, J. A., 1955. Social behavior, social organization, and population dynamics in a black-tailed prairie dog town in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Contrib. Labor. Vertebr. Biol. Univ. of Chic., 67, 128pp.
- Kluckhohn, C. & W. H. Kelly, 1945. The concept of culture. The Science of Man in the World Crisis, inR. Linton (Ed.), New York, 78–106.
- Linton, R., 1945. The cultural background of personality, New York, 157 pp.
- Lorenz, K., 1952. King Solomons ring, London, 199 pp.
- Miyadi, D., 1959. On some new habit and their propagation in Japanese monkey groups, Proc. 15th Int. Congr. Zool., 857–860.
- Scott, J. P., 1958. Animal behavior, Chic., 252 pp.
- Yamada, M., 1958. A case of acculturation in a sub-human society of Japanese monkeys, Primates, 1 (2), 30–46. (in Japanese).
- Yerkes, R. E., 1943. Chimpanzees, a laboratory colony, New York, 312 pp.
- The process of sub-culture propagation among Japanese macaques
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 43-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Syunzo Kawamura (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Science, Osaka City University, Japan