The process of sub-culture propagation among Japanese macaques
- Syunzo Kawamura
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bolwig, N. (1959) A study of behavior of the Chacma baboon. Behaviour 14: pp. 136-163
- Cassiler, E., 1944. An essay on man—an introduction to a philosophy of human culture, New York, 237 pp.
- Imanishi, K. (1952) Evolution of the humanity. Ningen, Mainichi Library, Tokyo
- Imanishi, K. (1958) Identification: a process of enculturation in the sub-human society of Macaca fuscata. Primates 1: pp. 1-29
- Imanishi, K. (1960) Bird, monkey and human. — is it possible to build a general theory to support “identification”?. Jinbun Gakuho 10: pp. 1-24
- Itani, J., 1956. The food habits of the Japanese monkeys in Takasakiyama. Print by Primates Research Groop, 3, 14pp. (in Japanese)
- Itani, J. (1958) On the acquisition and propagation of a new food habit in the natural group of the Japanese monkey at Takasakiyama. Primates 1: pp. 84-98
- Itani, J., Hazama, N. (1953) Development and mother-baby relationship of Japanese monkey. Physiol. and Ecol. 5: pp. 42-51
- Kawamura, S. (1954) A new type of action expressed in feeding behavior of Japanese monkey in its wild habitat. Organic Evolut. 2: pp. 10-13
- Kawamura, S. (1956) Prehuman culture. Sizen 11: pp. 28-34
- --. 1957 a. Japanese deer in Nara park. Social life of animals, in K. Imanishi (Ed.), 4, 1–165. (in Japanese)
- --. 1957 b. Field studies on social life of primates in Japan. Read in the 9th Pacific Science Congress, Bangkok, 7pp. (In print)
- Kawamura, S. (1958) Cultural behaviors in Japanese monkey. Biol. Sci. 10: pp. 17-20
- --. 1959. Social and behavioral individualities among mammals. Society and Individual in Animals, in K. Imanishi (Ed.), 16–30, Tokyo. (in Japanese)
- King, J. A., 1955. Social behavior, social organization, and population dynamics in a black-tailed prairie dog town in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Contrib. Labor. Vertebr. Biol. Univ. of Chic., 67, 128pp.
- Kluckhohn, C. & W. H. Kelly, 1945. The concept of culture. The Science of Man in the World Crisis, inR. Linton (Ed.), New York, 78–106.
- Linton, R., 1945. The cultural background of personality, New York, 157 pp.
- Lorenz, K., 1952. King Solomons ring, London, 199 pp.
- Miyadi, D., 1959. On some new habit and their propagation in Japanese monkey groups, Proc. 15th Int. Congr. Zool., 857–860.
- Scott, J. P., 1958. Animal behavior, Chic., 252 pp.
- Yamada, M. (1958) A case of acculturation in a sub-human society of Japanese monkeys. Primates 1: pp. 30-46
- Yerkes, R. E., 1943. Chimpanzees, a laboratory colony, New York, 312 pp.
- The process of sub-culture propagation among Japanese macaques
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 43-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Syunzo Kawamura (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Science, Osaka City University, Japan