JULY–DEC. 1985, Volume 35, Issue 1, pp 163-172
Heavy metal concentrations of duck tissues in relation to ingestion of spent shot
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Anderson WL (1975) Lead poisoning in waterfowl at Rice Lake, Illinois. J Wildl Manage 39:264–270.
- Bellrose FC Jr (1959) Lead poisoning as a mortality factor in waterfowl populations. Illinois Nat Hist Surv Bull 27:235–288.
- Calle PP, Kowalczyk DF, Dein FJ, Hartman FE (1982) Effect of hunters' switch from lead to steel shot on potential for oral lead poisoning in ducks. JAVMA 181:1299–1301.
- Cheney MA, Hacker CS, Schroder GD (1981) Bioaccumulation of lead and cadmium in the Louisana heron (Hydranassa tricolor) and the cattle egret (Bubulcus ibis). Ecotoxicol Environm Safety 5:211–224.
- Dahlquist RL, Knoll JW (1978) Inductively coupled plasma-atomic emission spectrometry: analysis of biological materials and soils for major trace and ultra-trace elements. Appl Spectrosc 32:1–30.
- EPA (1979) Inductively coupled plasma (ICP) optical emission spectrometric method for trace element analysis of water and wastes. Federal Register 44:69559–69563.
- Hulse M, Mahoney JS, Schroder GD, Hacker CS, Pier SM (1980) Environmentally acquired lead, cadmium, and manganese in the cattle egret,Bubulcus ibis, and the laughing gull,Larus atricilla. Arch Environm Contam Toxicol 9:65–78.
- Kortright FH (1967) Ducks, Geese and Swans of North America. Wildlife Management Institute, Washington DC.
- Longcore JR, Locke LN, Bagley GE, Andrews R (1974) Significance of lead residues in mallard tissues. US Fish Wildl Serv Spec Sci Rep-Wildl 182.
- Maedgen JL, Hacker CS, Schroder GD, Weir, FW (1983) Bioaccumulation of lead and cadmium in the royal tern and sandwich tern. Arch Environm Contam Toxicol 11:99–102.
- Reid M, Hacker CS (1982) Spatial and temporal variation in lead and cadmium in the laughing gull,Larus atricilla. Mar Pollution Bull 11:387–389.
- Scanlon PF, Stotts VD, Oderwald RG, Dietrick TJ, Kendall RJ (1980) Lead concentrations in livers of Maryland USA waterfowl with and without ingested lead shot present in gizzards. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 25:855–860.
- Sittig M (1972) Toxic Metals, Pollution Control and Worker Protection. Noyes Data Corp, Park Ridge, NJ.
- Stendell RC, Smith RI, Burnham KO, Christensen RE (1979) Exposure of waterfowl to lead: a nationwide survey of residues in wing bones of seven species, 1972–1973. US Fish Wildl Serv Spec Sci Rep-Wildl 223.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife (1983) Lead poisoning in waterfowl: a resource issue. Spec Rep-Wildl Div 7000–82, 19 pp.
- Tucker A (1972) The Toxic Metals. London Earth Island, LTD, London.
- Underwood EJ (1979) Interactions of trace elements. In: Oehme FW (ed) Toxicity of Heavy Metals in the Environment. Marcel Dekker, Inc, NY, p 641.
- White DH, Stendell RC (1977) Waterfowl exposure to lead and steel shot in selected hunting areas. J Wildl Manage 41:469–475.
- Heavy metal concentrations of duck tissues in relation to ingestion of spent shot
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 35, Issue 1 , pp 163-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors