JULY–DEC. 1985, Volume 35, Issue 1, pp 29-37
Heavy metal concentrations in tissues of mink in Virginia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Anderson KL (1981) Population and reproduction characteristics of the river otter in Virginia and tissue concentrations of environmental contaminants. M.S. Thesis. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg. 98pp.
- Anderson-Bledsoe KL, Scanlon PF (1983) Heavy metal concentrations on tissues of Virginia river otters. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 30:442–447.
- Anthony RG, Kozlowski R (1982) Heavy metals in tissues of small mammals inhabiting waste-water irrigated habitats. J Environ Qual 11:20–22.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK (1970) Some effects of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides in mink. Am Fur Breeder 43:10–11.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK (1977) Current status of PCB toxicity to mink and effect on their reproduction. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 6:279–292.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK, Bleavins MR, Napolitano A (1982) Effects of supplemental dietary copper on growth, reproductive performance, and kit survival of standard dark mink, and the acute toxicity of copper to mink. J Anim Sci 55:337–343.
- Aulerich RJ, Ringer RK, Iwamoto S (1974) Effects of dietary mercury on mink. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 2:43–51.
- Blair CW, Hiller AL, Scanlon PF (1977) Heavy metal concentrations in mammals associated with highways of different traffic densities. Virginia J Sci 28:61 (Abstr).
- Burt WH, Grossenheider RP (1976) A field guide to the mammals. Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston.
- Diters RW, Nielsen SW (1978) Lead poisoning of raccoons in Connecticut. J Wildl Dis 14:187–192.
- Errington PL (1954) The special responsiveness of minks to epizootics in muskrat populations. Ecol Monogr 24:377–393.
- Friberg L, Piscator M, Nordberg GF, Kjellstrom T (1974) Cadmium in the environment — 2nd ed. CRC Press, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Hoff GL, Bigler WJ, McKinnon WG (1977) Heavy metal concentrations in kidneys of estuarine raccoons from Florida. J Wildl Dis 13:101–102.
- Johnson MS, Roberts RD, Hutton M, Inskip MJ (1978) Distribution of lead, zinc and cadmium in small mammals from polluted environments. Oikos 30:153–159.
- Kocan AA, Shaw MG, Edwards WC, Eve JH (1980) Heavy metal concentrations in the kidneys of white-tailed deer in Oklahoma. J Wildl Dis 16:593–596.
- Linscombe G, Kimler N, Aulerich RJ (1982) Mink. In Chapman JA, Feldhammer GA (eds.) Wild mammals of North America. John Hopkins Univ. Press. Baltimore, p. 629.
- McKinnon JG, Hoff GL, Bigler WJ, Prather EC (1976) Heavy metal concentrations in kidneys of urban gray squirrels. J Wildl Dis 12:367–371.
- Ogle MC (1984) Heavy metal concentration, aging techniques and population characteristics of mink in Virginia with a review of literature on delayed implantation in the mink. M.S. Thesis. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg. 127 pp.
- Platnow NI, Karstad LH (1973) Dietary effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on mink. Can J Comp Med Vet Sci 37:391–400.
- SAS (1982) SAS user's guide; statistics. SAS Institute Inc. Cary, North Carolina.
- Scanlon PF, Kendall RJ, Lochmiller RL II, Kirkpatrick RL (1983) Lead concentrations in pine voles from two Virginia orchards. Environ Pollut (Ser. B) 6:157–160.
- Scanlon, PF, Stotts VD, Oderwald RG, Dietrick TJ, Kendall RJ (1980) Lead concentrations in livers of Maryland waterfowl with and without ingested lead shot present in gizzards. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 25:855–860.
- Virginia Commission of Game and Inland Fisheries (1982) Annual Progress Report: July 1, 1981 to June 30.
- Wobeser G, Swift M (1976) Mercury poisoning in wild mink. J Wildl Dis 12:335–340.
- Woolf A, Smith JR, Small L (1982) Metals in livers of white-tailed deer in Illinois. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 28:189–194
- Heavy metal concentrations in tissues of mink in Virginia
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 35, Issue 1 , pp 29-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 24061, Blacksburg, VA
- 2. Virginia Commission of Game and Inland Fisheries, 2503 Brunswick Road, 22903, Charlottesville, VA