Child-initiated activity: Its importance in early childhood education
- Janis R. Bullock
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The teacher is discussing the activities of the day with a group of fifteen four-year-olds. She explains that first the total group will go to the art area and then to the science demonstration. Then the children will have a snack and go outside. When she is finished talking, all of the children get up and move to the art tables.
- Black, J. K., and Puckett, M. B. (1987). Informing others about developmentally appropriate practice. In S. Bredekamp (Ed.),Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8 (pp. 83–87). Washington, DC: NAEYC.
- Bredekamp, S. (Ed.), (1987).Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8. Washington, DC: NAEYC.
- Elkind, D. (1981).The hurried child. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Elkind, D. (1986). Formal education and early education: An essential difference.Phi Delta Kappan, 67 631–636.
- Elkind, D. (1987).Miseducation: Preschoolers at risk. New York: Knopf.
- Goffin, S., and Tull, C. (1985). Problem solving: Encouraging active learning.Young Children, 3 28–32.
- Honig, A. S. (1986). Research in review. Stress and coping in children (Parts 1 & 2).Young Children, 41 50–63; 47–59.
- Kamii, C. (1985). Leading primary education toward excellence.Young Children, 40 3–9.
- Katz, L. G. (1985). Dispositions in early childhood education.ERIC/EECE Bulletin 18. Urbana, IL: ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education.
- Katz, L. G. (1987). What should young children be learning?ERIC Digest. Urbana, IL: ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education.
- Katz, L. G. (1988, Summer). What should young children be doing?American Educator, pp. 28–33, 44–45.
- Piaget, J. (1972).Science of education and the psychology of the child (rev. ed.). New York: Viking. (Original work published in 1965.)
- Schweinhart, L. J. (1987, Spring-Summer). Child-initiated activity: How important is it in early childhood education?High Scope Resource, 1 6–10.
- Child-initiated activity: Its importance in early childhood education
Day Care and Early Education
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 14-16
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press
- Additional Links