Local magnitude, surface wave magnitude and seismic energy
- Vladimír TobyášAffiliated withGeophysical Institute, Czechosl. Acad. Sci.
- , Reinhard MittagAffiliated withZentralinstitut für Physik der Erde
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The local magnitude ML at the seismological station Pruhonice (PRU) was converted into surface wave magnitude MS using the formula MS=−3.2+1.45 ML and the seismic wave energy was estimated using the relation log E (Joule)=1.2+2.0 ML. It was proposed to apply the same conversion formulae at seismological stations Kašperské Hory (KHC) and Berggiesshübel (BRG) where the calibrating functions for local magnitudes were determined for the same set of earthquakes with common reference magnitudes as in the case of the PRU station.
- Local magnitude, surface wave magnitude and seismic energy
Studia Geophysica et Geodaetica
Volume 35, Issue 4 , pp 354-357
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors